Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2019

Huntstrete on. Bridge pool

Back for my fortnightly visit to huntstrete, bacon and egg sarnie from my local cafe and a 15 minute drive to the fishery, can't be bad.
Only 17 or 18 fishing today, so plenty of room, Mr Gillard allowed me to sort the pegs out today, so I put peg 1 in today, much to the dismay of several anglers.
and guess who drew it, he ha  me, a few said it served me right for putting it in, but I fancied it as it was at the end of the lake with plenty of room, and it was a short walk from the van.
As I said it's an end peg with an aerater at 14 mtrs secured in place with a scaffold tube , which could prove to be a bit torrid if I wasn't quick enough.
First job put the nets out  to dry, and I must say I've had the nets for over two years now, and had no issues, no holes and no broken rings, 2.5mtr mosella space savers, best out there I reckon, certainly standing the test of time for me.
The pegs a bit unknown for matches as it's not often in, but it's been pleasure fished a few time  recently and it's fished ok for skimmers, so I set up a soft pellet rig for 13 mtrs, and a caster.rig for 4 mtrs(never used), a margin rig for pellet along the right hand edge, another pellet rig for on the deck just past the scaffold tube, (not a bite on that), and lastly a mugging rig as there were odd fish up and sunbathing. The  whistle went and I cupped some micros and groundbait at 13 mtrs,
and Cupped some pellets along the margin aswell, went out on the soft pellet and had as one small fish and one skimmer of about a pound, but I could see some clouding down the edge and I couldn't resist it, first  put in a 4lb mirror, good start, next drop and I'm attached to an angry ten pound common, which very nearly got under the aerator, then nothing so back out  on the soft pellet for a couple of better skimmers and a small tench, then after resting the margin it was back in for  a couple of f1,s, there were a few fish cruising about but I couldnt tempt one, so it was a case of catching odd skimmers then going down the edge for an f1 or small carp, then about halfway through something changed as I mugged a good fish, then the last  half of the match went well with going from the fish showing no interest to them having a go as long as I could get a pellet on there nose, and they were good fish , no f1,s or small stockies, looking down the lake and listening to the comments , it was proving a hard day, with few.fish being caught, Mike nicholls on peg 11 was doing ok,  I could see he was getting nearly all f1,s, by the end I new I had over 100lb, and was  confident it was going to be more than enough to win today, in fact I had 115lb, with Mike coming second with 38lb, and steve.Dawson was third with 34lb , mainly.skimmers, but it was hard.for.most.
 weigh sheets below


No comments:

Post a Comment