Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 April 2019

Westerliegh

Just for a change Mike nicholls arranged for us to have a knockup at this little fishery run by Mark taylor, there are only 12 usable swims so I soon had ten names, I stopped off in Mario's cafe in stockwood with jason, and it was fair 4.10.
The traffic wasn't to bad so we got to the lake with  plenty of time to spare, it's probably been at least 12 years since I fished here last, and it had changed, Mark has done loads of work on it, and it's really beginning to take shape.
Had a no show so we were down to 9, martin(shaun) McMahon sorted the pegs out, then with everyone there I did the draw at 9, not so much as a draw more.like a pickup as I threw them on the floor. I picked up with three left and had peg 11 , second peg down on the left hand bank, means nothing to me but venue regulars.reckoned it was a good peg, then again they were saying that about every peg.
But it looked ok as I had two islands to go at, only down side was that I had to look at bela bakos and Ron hardiman all day.
I was told maggot in the deep water and pellet would probably work over to the islands, but the regulars were fishing corn , and also putting some groundbait in As there were some sensible skimmers.to be had, either side of me I had the the bathampton dad's army crew in the shape of Hubert Evans to my right and Mike Jones to my left,   both of which would probably fishing for silvers.
I set up three pellet rigs for towards the island's,  one shallow for on the mud line, another for just off in 20 inches of water.and another in about 30 inches, the only other rig was a maggot rig for 5 mtrs feeding soaked micros and maggot.
at the start I fed.some maggots and micro short and began firing hard 4,s at both island's,  beginning short I was catching tiny crucians and carp, which count as silvers.for now, until they have grown on a bit, the only.drawback is that you have to net everything, I soon got bored with that, especially as bela and Ron were catching a better.stamp carp towards the island, so over it was with banded 6 mm hard pellets over hard 4,s, I was soon putting 6 to 12 oz carp in the net, no quality but plenty of them, I was changing between rigs quite a lot to keep them coming, but towards the end of the match I had a few better fish , with the biggest about 8lb, on the all out i thought those late better fish had got me in the mix, but after John Clark weighed  50, Ron just over 50 and bela 51 i wasn't sure I had done enough, going round doing the weigh in bela was still winning when we got to me ,  but as soon as I lifted my.net I knew I had done enough , and I had just over 62lb, certainly a bit more than I thought I had,
Photo bombed by Rickymills, one day be may even learn how to count past one.
Top silver.weight on the day went to Mike nicholls on peg 6 with 24lb, all small.crucians, tiny carp and a couple of skimmers.

Weigh sheets below as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment