Total Pageviews

Monday 15 April 2019

Viaduct spring league rnd 1

Back to viaduct for this hotly contested and popular series,  but not after a stop off in cannards with Jason for breakfast, which I must say has been really good the last few times I have stopped. 4.6.
Got to the fishery and parked at the bottom of Cary and close to Campbell in the vain hope I would draw on one of those lakes, but after getting in to the draw tin a bit further back in the queue than I normally like, I go and pull 57 out, it's the corner peg on lodge that is normally used for wheelchair anglers, it's about as far as you can get from the good pegs as is possible, it can throw up some.good weights from time.to time , but recently it has shown no form whatsoever,
I set a wag for pellet at depth towards the aerator, a couple of pellet rigs for out in front at 16 mtrs and slightly to the right under an overhanging branch, that one would do for 5 mtrs as it was the same.depth, and a small float for pellet over by empty peg 58, which can be good for a few especially towards the end of the match, to my left I had Tom mangnal lookalike and reserve for the day in the shape of Dan white, and around the corner on my right was Mark Jones from across the water in the valleys.
I began straight out at 16 mtrs on banded pellet , whereas most around me began on the short line, I had to wait a while for my.first bite which resulted in a 8oz skimmer, then nothing, so I dropped back into the short line, it was only a short wait until I was attached to a decent carp, it was well under control, when the line went slack and it was gone, I thought it had just come off, but the line had been broken well above the hooklength, so I can only assume it had gone around and underwater snag, probably a branch, so a new rig was out on and I dropped it in, not expecting to get a bite,  it I did, and I  play this one a bit more forcibly, and soon a nice 10lb common was safely netted.
That was my.only.fish from there , in fact it was a really hard match for most on this lake, only.the top corner pegs 64 and 66 seemed.to catching (and losing), as my.match went along , I had one on the wag, losing three , two seemed to be fouled I couldn't tell about the other as it tied me around something hanging from the aerator rope out in front, I did get one carp out in front and another to the right by the branch in the water, and as I half expected two more from in front of pallet 58, and I had one come off at the net from there aswell.
I had a few skimmers aswell but only 5lb of them, others in my section had double figures of them, I don't think they wanted to come into my corner today, I reckoned on having 50lb and wasn't to far out with 52lb, one lost fish cost me second in the section and two more and I would have won the section. Kieran bakey won the section from 55 with 65lb with Dan coming second with 60lb, third in the section although not good , it's not as bad as it could have been, some very good anglers have blown out today,
Top  weight on the day with 245lb was part time angler Lee pesticcio (p.nut) on peg 78, casting his lead.around the peg, which suites his style, (or lack) of casting prowess lol, good to see , well.done lee.
The overall weights looks very good, but some.anglers really struggled with at least three not even bothering the scales, weigh sheets below ,



No comments:

Post a Comment