Total Pageviews

Monday 29 April 2019

Viaduct spring league rnd 2

Off to viaduct again today, and we are still having cold winds, which were extremely strong on saturday, so hopefully the water will have had a bit of a mix up making the fish move and feel the need to feed properly, we.stopped off at cannards well for breakfast, it was quick and very good, 4.75,
Still.Got to the fishery in plenty of time, and parked by the lodge, thinking was I parked by Campbell for the first round and drew a car park corner on lodge lake, which was as far away from Campbell as you can get, so I thought by parking far away from Campbell I may draw it, I was actually first into the draw tin , out comes peg 80 on cary, closer to Campbell as it was.12 feet behind me, for company I had birthday boy aiden borduik to my left on the other side of the spit, and to my right was Roy "the lead"(gend) worth who was soon ready as it don't take long to get his lead rig off its winder,
My.peg is normally good for a few.as there is a gap in the trees along the spit which is the draw of choice, also it's a good lead or wag swim when fished out just become the end of the spit.
with the wind off my back I set up a wag for pellet, and two pole rigs, one for the spit and the other to fish slightly to the right , but as it showed no signs of life on the few times I tried it, there's no more to be said about that waste of a hooklength.
at the start I fed the lines and began on the wag, it took stars to get my first bite,  it it was from a decent common of about ten pounds, I expected it to get better as the match progressed,  but it never did, it was a hard day, to cut a long story short I had four carp on the wag, losing two foulers which took me around the end of the spit, the margin seemed barren apart from a pound and a half eel on a 8mm pellet til the last hour when a few fish arrived, I hooked 4 and landed three, which included my biggest fish of about 16lb, at the end I admitted to 75lb and was very close as I the fish went 76.3, which was good enough for 2nd in section behind Des Shipp on peg 86 with 80lb, the match was won by Sam Powell on 129 with over 200lb of mugged fish, well done.
The weigh sheets below shows that it fished quite hard all round, but looking at results locally a lot of venues had an off.day.


That is a match at Landsend next Sunday on lake three with the option of the speci lake aswell if we get enough , get in touch with Mike or myself to book in if you fancy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment