Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 December 2019

Huntstrete coffin dodgers

Off to my local fishery again today, the Dave crookes fishery at Huntstrete, bridge pool again for this costcutter, 17 fishing , a few down for various reasons, into the draw and hoping for a peg out of the wind and rain as it was meant to be a horrible day today, into the bag and peg 30 disc was looking back at me , not the best as you still don't want to be past the 2nd island as the fish seem to prefer this end at the mo. My peg was the first on the third island left hand bank, at least I was out of the wind so able to get the Brolly up as it was going to rain hard most of the day, and it did.
The island is a long way off, a good 18mtrs but I did set a rig for 17.5mtrs in about 5 foot of water, only one other rig today a.8g drennan as4 for 5 and 13mtrs as it's the same depth. At the start I cupped in a couple of balls in the two longer lines, one 11 o,clock and 1 o'clock angles, a ball short at 5 mtrs, I began on the short line with maggot whilst feeding a few casters, no  idea so with Paul Clayton to my right having a couple of decent skimmers early I went out to the 13 mtr line at 1o'clock, started with small skimmer followed by small roach, all on caster, it was steady to be fair, plenty of bites but nothing of any size, mainly roach between 1 and 4 oz, I tried the short line, and again there seemed to a few roach there aswell so I stuck with hat for a while, also getting a 1lb skimmer from that line aswell, bites stopped there as fast as they started, so I had a quick flirt at 17.5mtrs, but after a couple of small roach , I decided it was never going to be worth the effort so binned that, back over the 13 mtr line on the 1 o'clock line and had a good perch before the small roach returned, I started feeding some caster to my right in about 5 foot of water, so I could use the 17mtr rig over that line, and it was a good move as I had a a 2lb skimmer there and some handy size roach, and I did lose another good perch ,but they are inclined to drop off, by the end I new I had doubles of silvers which was ok as far as I could see, but some carp and f1,s had been caught further down the lake as expected, I ended up with  13.14 of silvers.which I was happy with,

  but got beaten for first in the silvers by Steve Dawson on peg 16, with 16lb, too weight went to Pete greenslade on peg 19 with 18lb+ , mainly 3 good carp on meat down the edge, weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment