Total Pageviews

Friday 13 December 2019

Two again

Very late with last weekend's match, so very short for this one, I ran a match on Todber manor using hillview , with 21 fishing just enough, I fancied a peg along the road bank, 55 to 61 as the wind would be off our backs,  it no such luck, Lee culmer  drew for me and handed me 45, not a bad peg , second one up on the left hand side of the spit, Paul elmes to my left and gabe skarba on my right, it was already windy but this was just a gentle breeze for what was going to hit us later, and coming into us on an angle.from the right it was always.going to be hard.
Topset and two on the pole with pellet, two bites on that and one lost fish, I did get about a dozen carp from the island in banded pellet on the lead but that was difficult, didn't come prepared today no feeders which was probably the way to go, so I chucked back before the end , Paul to my left had about the same and gabe to my right probably had 40+, but we never bothered the scales man, (me), well done bela bakos on the win with 160+ off peg 59 , catching on the straight lead with bread, feeding nothing, although he did keep during an empty catty, which did confuse a couple , lol. Weigh sheets below.

Not Thursday and I was back at Shiplate for the next round of Ron stark,s silvers league, having missed a match and had a third in section last round, nothing short of a section win would do if I'm honest, so I was a bit disappointed to see peg 6 on my chosen card, same peg as last time, and with Dave wride on 3 and Ryan Jordan on one again I was thinking third again may be my best . But who knows , fish do move, only two rigs one for topset and two a .4g drennan as4 for caster, same rig would do for 13 mtrs to my right and the other rig was .6g wire stem for 13 mtrs slightly to the left at 13 mtrs,
On the whistle I cupped in three balls to the left with some caster and dead reds in, and two to the right with some softened micros, then started.short on caster, last time on this peg I caught quite well to begin with, but today it didn't happen, 30 minutes and no bites, looking around there was very little being caught, so out to 13 mtrs on the left swim, bites came , but not fast, I was putting small skimmers in the net,  so I stuck with it swapping mainly between the two long lines, I did get a few small roach , I also foulhooked a 12 oz perch in the dorsal which was interesting, and I did get a couple of 2lb skimmers towards the end, I could see a lot of the lake from this peg, and it had switched off today, I did hear Dave wride had done ok but it transpired that his elastic being on show for a lot of the match was due to carp, when steve and Jim arrived with the scales Paul faiers on peg 11 (again) was.Top with 8lb+, I new I had more than that, but was still surprised to see scales go round to 13.14 which was top on the day but more importantly it was the section win I needed, dave.wride ended up second in the section with 4lb, Paul faiers is winning the series with three 1 points, so well done matey, the last two matches are in the new year, hopefully we will get some settled weather as the fish done know whether they are coming or going with these ever-changing weather patterns and pressure changes, so the weigh sheet is below, off to Todber tomorrow for there Xmas match then viaduct on Sunday for the last of the silver league matches there.

No comments:

Post a Comment