Total Pageviews

Monday 2 December 2019

Viaduct silvers league round 5

A cold start to the day , no frost but proper chilly, I picked up Chris fox and went around to the Wessex flyer for breakfast, it was quite nice but the sausages could have been cooked for a tad longer, so 4.15.
We got to the fishery with plenty of time to spare, good to see a full house (I think), anyway got into the draw tin near the front, out comes ticket 80 , on cary next to the spit, with the water now clear after the cold weather and all the fresh water that's been fun through it, and it's probably one of it not the shallowest peg on the lake at less than three feet deep, but there are options, corn on the wag so that was out together, a groundbait feeder to fish beyond the end of the spit, also assembled, a pole rig for against the spit to my left as there can on occasions be some good hybrids to be had on caster, and a pole rig for 14 and 16 mtrs slightly off to the right in the hope some of the skimmers may venture from the deeper water to my right, but I wasn't to confident of to many.
On the whistle I cupped in two balls of groundbait at 14 am 16 mtrs, on the very soft side as it's a very silly peg with a soft bottom, all balls laced with a few pinkies/dead reds and a few.casters, cupped some casters against the spit, same depth to within a couple of inches as the long pole lines, then I began on the feeder whilst feeding some caster and a bit of corn on the waggler line, I stayed on the feeder for 40 minutes, and did get three hand size skimmers, but I was getting bored quickly, so up the bank it went and went out on the 14mtr line on caster, first drop a 6oz skimmer, oooh there may be some there, nope just small roach after that, so out to 16mtrs, same thing a 12oz skimmer first drop them small roach, so I refer both lines and tried against the spit, I had a bit of a purple patch catching some good roach with one found nearly a.pound, but that was an exception, most were 2 to 5oz, not big but good weight builders, I kept a few.casters going through with a cup as catapulting was difficult as there were a couple of branches getting in the way, I tried the wag but never had a bite on that. And as expected.The spit swim got more difficult, so it was a case of rotating, the two long pole lines produced plenty of plippy roach and one 1lb skimmer, and a couple of handsize samples, everyone I went back to the spit I would get a short burst of fish before I had to refeed, and rest it, but it was enjoyable. I had a couple of the legendary hybrids to 12oz, also a tench of about 2 1/2lb, a proper bonus, then towards the end I had a pound plus perch, so a good day really off a peg I didn't expect to much.
I I thought I had done ok , bela bakos on peg 81 the other side of the spit was admitting to 8lb, I thought I had ten pounds but secretly thought 12lb would be closer, when steve arrived with the scales bela got his fish out and they went 12lb, so obviously I have him a bit of stick for lying, I shouldn't have said to much really as my fish went nearly 17 lb, so the cereals were more than willingly returned. But I didn't mind to much as it gave me much needed section win to keep in second spot in the league.
Rich aherne kept up his good run in this league with a second in section off peg 86, so well done to him, too weight on the day was Ricky mills on 131 with a bit over 20lb, so again well done to him, weigh sheets and overall placing in the league below.





No comments:

Post a Comment