Total Pageviews

Friday 20 March 2020

Huntstrete coffin dodgers

Back to my.local.venue again, only 12 minutes from home, and just as well.as I forgot my waterproofs, so a quick journey home sorted that and I was still back well before the draw, good to see 19 fishing, the covid 19 didn't stop them today, but it may sometime in the not to distant future, match organiser Dave Gillard drew.for.everyone with his rubber gloves on, when it was my turn he pulled peg 24 for me, a swim with lots of options, an island which is close by this lakes standards,
It's very shallow close to the island so I set up.a rig to fish caster at 8 mtrs in about 4foot of water, another rig for skimmers over groundbait at topset and two, and a couple of lines at 13 mtrs, one with caster and the other with some caster, the short line also only had caster in. My last rig was a pellet one to fish into the right hand margin, as it can hold some f1,s and small carp.

To begin with I fed one ball on the short line, and two balls on the two longer lines., Fed some caster into the 8mtr island swim and fired some hard 4,s into the right hand margn.
Starting on the short line I soon had a few.roach and a skimmer, it was never busy, so I tried the longer lines, but that was even worse, just a few even smaller roach, so back to the short line , the rest paid off as I had a few more 1lb skimmers, I fed.a Ball of groundbait back on that line and tried the island caster swim, a good move as I've had an enjoyable time catching some quality roach, barely swingable, but I did anyway, all the time I had been feeding pellets down the right hand side, also a few.to the left aswell, a look to my right and I had some f1,s on banded 6mm hard pellet, then back to the roach and some.more nice fish, I also had a couple of f1,s down the left, but there seemed.to be more to my right, it ended up being one of those matches you don't want to end, but it did,  it it had been nice, swapping around catching a few fish from various parts of the peg,
Top silver.weight today went to Paul Clayton for the second match running with 24lb from peg 19, again a nice net of skimmers on soft pellet, I wasn't to far behind with 22lb of roach and skimmers, but I had 22lb of f1,s and small carp to go with it, giving me.Top weight on the day of 44lb, so a nice day.
It seems.to be getting better , with more fish coming out each time.we.fish it, so hopefully the warmer months will be good. Weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment