Total Pageviews

Friday 6 March 2020

Huntstrete silvers match on bridge pool

Nice turn out today, back to 20, which was a surprise as it was going to hard till about 1pm, into the draw bag of doom and out comes peg 14, it's a good f1 and carp peg , but it's a good 17mtrs to the island, and with the emphasis on silvers I decided to ignore them and try and catch some skimmers, the swim was definitely one to draw last year,  it for some reason the skimmers seem to have vacated.this area of the lake, preferring the taste of the water towards.the other end of the lake, oh yes.And it did rain till 1, so they got it right for a change.
Thank God for the mosella 70 ltr trolley bags this winter, with all the rain we've had, it's been a blessing to have the kit stay dry, with the lip on top you don't even have to zip it up, it also doubles as an extra.bait table as it's got a hard lid, proper piece of kit.
Back to the fishing , and I only set up one rig today, a .6g wire stemmed.affair with an 18 guru f1 maggot hook on the end, on my right on peg 11 Mike nicholls was going to target the carp and f1,s fishing the wag and maggot, and on my left Mike Jones was going for silvers.aswell,  it be had half a dozen pieces of kit assembled, all very confusing, on the whistle which was eventually blown, I cupped in one ball at 5 mtrs, and two balls on two lines at 13 mtrs, all with some casters in, starting short I had a micro perch on a maggot, so out again with a caster, and a slow bite resulted in a skimmer of about 12oz, Mike Jones was.already on his third skimmer by now, Mike nicholls was busting himself with the micro perch aswell on the waggler.
I did get a couple more skimmers on the short line, but it was hard going, I fully expected to catch on the longer lines but all I could catch were.roach, not particularly large but big enough to keep it ticking over. Mike Jones seemed.to be doing better than me as he was using his net fairly frequently, and Mike to my right began getting a few carp.so that looked as though the token carp weight was taken care of, and to be honest I was just sat there going through the motions as I felt like Jones had beaten me well, so at the end I was shocked to see he only had just over 9lb , I was next to weigh and put 10lb 11oz in the pan for the section win, and Mike to my right won the runners up pool with 40lb, top weight of silvers went to Paul Clayton on unfancied(by many) peg 3 with over 21lb on soft pellet, well done.
The weigh sheet below as normal, also a  if thanks to premier angling in keynsham for there continued sponsorship for these matches, it's greatly appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment