Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 March 2020

On my god

Well this will be my last blog for a while, unless I feel the need to put thumb to kindle to voice an opinion, the main reason we are on lock down is mainly due to the vast amount of complete dicks ( no disrespect to the Richards out there) that thought it would be a good idea to overrun all the tourist attractions last weekend, ok to be fair the same goes for all the anglers which ventured out over the weekend, of which I was one, but to be fair the match I fished for the best part social distancing was adhered to, and whilst fishing we were a minimum of about 10 mtrs from the nearest angler. Now with all my local fisheries being closed down and premier angling having to close for a minimum of three weeks inr going to be housebound, Judith on the other hand still has to go to work As she is classed as a key worker in the food industry, also my daughter Lauren is also key as she is an end of life carer, I hope she knows how proud we are of her.
And my eldest and his wife Georgia will be on lock down with the tiny terrorist of the grandson, Brody, Sian also has her own issues being being on lockdown with my other son James. If we are lucky it will only be a three week shut in, but I fear it may be a bit longer, also with twelve week in doors for the over 70,s we must make sure our older relations and friends are ok and have everything they need to get by this difficult spell and keep them safe.
As.for my short pole series and float only league , they both begin within the 12 week period the government is implementing, so my only course is to cancel both leagues for this year, I will keep the dates in place at the fisheries, and run opens on those dates as long as the fisheries are ok with that.
Back to the last match, I was going to travel to Chilton trinity with Chris fox, but we made the decision to go separately, as did everyone else who was at the fishery, also when this three week or how ever long it's going to be is over its going to be months before I feel it will be safe to travel with anyone else apart from Judith,
Misha did a good draw, you were called to pay your money into a bucket and then draw , all this being done with a safe distance from anyone else, I was last but three to draw and ended up on 18, up in the top right hand side of the lake, I know it has won occasional matches, but generally you can't rely on it, so although I would feed a left hand margin and 14 mtrs in front for carp, and two silvers lines at 5 and 11 mtrs in front with caster and a bit of corn in some groundbait.
At least I was out of the wind and say in the sun all day, it was glorious, and no me to wade through was a bonus.
The match went to plan to be honest, carp were hard to catch, not just for me but as far as I could see most others, so most of the match was spent after the silvers, never had a bite at 5 mtrs, all the action came from the 11 mtr swim, but it was  a wait for bites,  but the skimmers were a good size, I didn't mind the wait as it was a bit to sit here in the sun and able to dry my kit out without the fear of a last minute shower, by the end I thought I had 25lb but the net went 29.4 which was more than enough to win the silvers, Brian slipper was second in silvers with 7lb.
Top weight today went to Andy b on 28 with 59.8 so well done matey, also it was a bonus peg so and extra £100 was a welcome bonus especially as he snapped the 13 mtr section of his pole.

The weigh sheet below shows it was a tough but to crack today, the overnight frost and bright sunshine coupled with a brisk North East wind blowing down the lake, not that I noticed day in my suntrap corner.
Monday night Judith and me ventured out up near the Severn bridge to try and catch a codling or two Steve ace did tell me that there only a few minis about at the mo up there but it was a lovely evening so it would just nice to be sat there, Steve was right, we did get a few rattles from minis, I had none and Judith managed one, so she beat me again, and she had more sites than me, only upshot was she did break a nail which upset her as she loves her nails.
Well this will be my last blog for a few weeks at least, a BIG stay safe message to all my friends , family, customers , and the angling family in general, hope we come out the other side and continue as we always seem to, so pic below is my last sunset on fishing for a while. X.

No comments:

Post a Comment