Total Pageviews

Friday 13 March 2020

Plantation lake silvers match

Looking forward to fishing this prolific lake again today,  it I did question my sanity slightly, when I found myself driving through an horrendous nail and rain storm with a couple of claps of thunder thrown in for good measure, but the deluge had stopped by the time I got to the bridge in yatton for breakfast, and it was really nice, 4.6.
That some it was.off to the lake to sort the pegging, with the wind due to blow at 40+ mph all day I pegged it as best I could to give most people a bit of respite.
Only 16 fishing as a couple cried off due to illness, probably not corona.
I got the draw underway and it was .left to me and tom mangnal to fight over the last two pegs, he ended up in 5 and me on 7, booth good pegs,  it badly affected by the wind, I had it left to right and tom had it straight in his face, I felt for Bob teakle to my left on 8 as it's a good peg but the wind and the Sun's reflection, ( when it came out) made.it probably the most difficult of days.
I only.set up two rigs, both .3g drennan,s, one a carbon stem slim thing, for spread.shot for on the drop, and the other a wire stem float, bulked for on the deck properly,
At the start I cupped in on two lines at 9 mtrs, 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock angles.
I started.short topset and two feeding caster,  it it was slow with only a few.roach in the next 30 minutes, so it was out into the two longer lines and a real test of endurance battling the gale, I soon started.to catch skimmers of varying sizes,.from 6oz to 3lb, and they wanted.feeding, every.two or three fish I had to top up with a ball of groundbait with casters, I actually ran out of groundbait with about 90minutes to go, so a quick scramble in the bait bag and I found half a bag of margin groundbait, so I mixed it up but the fish didn't seem to like it as much as the sweet mix I had been using, sport slowed right up ,but although I was looking around seeing plenty of fish coming out, I thought I would probably have done enough today, I didn't have a clue as to what I had, I knew I had over 40lb but after.that I wasn't sure, I was second to weigh, Tom had 26lb, then I had two weighs and had 57lb called, so an excellent day and a win.
After that the weights got very close, kevin(kerry) winstone was.second from peg 10 with 31.8, judging by the picture, kevs can't quite believe he has caught that much.
Mike Jones had 31.6 and Chris ollis had 31.5, and after.that there were several 20lb+ weights, and no complaints from anyone today, accept about the wind, which was awful, I felt for Bob to my left, his peg for snagged.On the bottom and the bottom for ripped out, losing 25/30lb, but he took it well, with sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment