Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 February 2013

Landsend league round 5

Well the weather men got it right again, they said rain all day and that's just what we got, it never stopped, it was my turn on lake 3 and that came up over 2 inches during the match,
After a bit of cajoling I managed to get mark poppleton  to draw for me and he handed me peg 55 which is in the top left hand corner of the lake , always a reasonable peg with a good chance of picking up, I had ken Rayner opposite on 58, so at least I had someone to talk to , Aaron britnell was the next angler to my right on 51, but I couldn't see him due to the bushes(not a bad thing), just for a change I was at the windy end today as the wind had gone easterly so it was cold and blowing hard into the end bank,
I set up 3 rigs, one for banded pellet at 14 mtrs towards the wire cage against the end bank, ans another for soft pellet or maggot over micros at 13 and 14 mtrs at 1 o,clock angle in open water both were 4x14 impact 6  floats , the last rig was a 4x12 impact 6 for the left hand margin for caster over caster,   After firing some 4,s to the cage , cupped some soaked micro,s into the open water and some caster down the edge at about 10 mtrs, I put on a soft pellet and went into the open water at 13 mtrs,
I thought I had a bite after about five mins but I wasn't to sure as the wind was making it hard to see the float easily, I switched to double maggot , and next drop I had a 1 1/2 pound f1 then about  five minutes later I had a carp of about 7lb, ken opposite had also had a couple of f1,s followed by a carp fishing long down his right hand margin on soft pellet, I refed the open water swims and had a look on the pellet line out by the cage, and had a 12 oz ghostie on a banded 6mm followed by a four pound common, ken had also had a couple more and was getting lots of indications , back out to the open water and another good carp was soon in the net, but I was a couple of fish behind ken and I wasn't getting enough indications to convince me there were enough fish to keep up with ken, but by swapping between the three lines I wasn't to far behind going into the last hour , but ken managed to sneak a few more to give him the edge, the rest of the lake had fished very hard, I had a visit from bob gullick about halfway through and he had only caught one roach and he was moaning like a bitch, and its got to be said he has got more excuses than a convict on death row.
By the end I had 11 or 12 carp and ken had 13 but I still thought he had beaten me by at least 10 lb as his fish were a bit bigger, top weight on the day actually went to Jamie parkhouse on peg 32 speci lake with 84.4 using soft pellet over micros
2nd ken Rayner 81.3 peg 58. Serves me right for slagging him off in the shop on Friday, telling he was shit, I've now got teeth marks on my ass lol
3rd was me with 64.3
4th Clint wojtyla on peg 7 with 60.1( it must be only thatchers and Preston anglers who struggle here lol)
5th ray bazeley on 11 with 52.15
6th Adrian jefferey with 51.9 pn peg 15
Silvers
Tom thick on 68 with 31.14 of mainly hand size skimmers on soft pellet over micro,s at 13 mtrs, it was a good net of small fish and nice to see

7 comments:

  1. Won this lake first round from 68 and now came last from 45.....this is the reality of the lake, not a moan and certainly not an excuse!
    The Bitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see all the fliers filled with the same old faces leagues don't get won with draws like 45 mate terrible draw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg 45 is not the worse peg on the lake by far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was an odd carp in the peg throughout the day. However this presents a problem when your after silvers. Mike Nicolas had 8 roach from further up the lake last match and Poor old Aron Brittnel this match fished for silvers for 5hrs and managed 2 roach from peg 51. All the silvers were in deeper water around aerator. But that's winter fishing and we all have to put up with that!!. I only fish 1 day a week and am always gutted if I get no sport. But am now on road to recovery and am allowed to eat with sharp implements again :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In fact I had 18 Ronnies for 9oz. Which I caught in the last 3/4 hour, which I enjoyed. Its about trying to get the best out of the peg irrespective of its current form. I travelled home that day knowing that I had done just that from the peg on the day. Thats what match fishing is all about for me. If you look at the results over the years at Landsend you will find that irrespective of the Angler the same pegs produce the goods. For example this year peg 11 on Match is a fair bet. What the challenge is, is to get the best from the peg you draw and keep positive looking at the Positives rather than the negatives. We all cannot be blessed with a good draw every match like Tony -lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on Mike. Must think more positive. Think the day started mentally poorly for me by getting annoyed with others. When you help people out you do not expect them to take liberties all the time. However this will soon all be resolved.
    Mother Brown.

    ReplyDelete