Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Wednesday open landsend fishery

With 18 fishing we used match and speci lake, and I didn't really mind where I drew, Anton pulled out 2 tickets and I took the one sticking out , and I wasn't to disappointed to see 32 written on the ticket, it's a corner peg which has been good lately, for company I had Tom mangnall opposite on 33 and nick merry on 31 and with des shipp and Tom thick at the other end of the lake it wasnt going to be easy, and with some good anglers on the match lake on good pegs its always a challenge. Three rigs today, a 4x14 for soft pellet at 14 mtrs and 2 rigs for banded pellet, a 4x14 for the deeper water and a 4x12 for up the shelf against the end bank, at the start I cupped in some micros at 14 mtrs and began firing some hard 4's against the end bank, first put in at 14 mtrs with a soft pellet and I had a 7lb carp, the next drop in and another slightly smaller one was soon in the net ,then a good f1 ,  the first 2 hours went really well , I switched to hard pellet after the first 3 fish and began kindering some 4,s in with the micros and by the end of the first 21/2 hours I had 10 carp and about 18 lb of silvers, so I got up for a pee and put my second carp net in , then I had a terrible bout of second net syndrome when I never had another fish for over an hour,  a switch to the end bank and I had a couple of quick fish before it went quiet there aswell, Tom opposite was rotating around his peg between the end bank, the aerator and the end of the island and catching odd fish from all swims and by now nick next door was honking carp by the island but luckily he was losing most of them, in fact I think he lost more than I caught by the end of the match, but he kept smiling to the end,
In the end I had 15 carp between 1 and 7lb and 20 lb of silvers for a total weight of 106 lb for first on the day
2nd and 2 fish behind was Anton page on 15 with 96.12
3rd Tom mangnall n 33 with 70.8
4th nick duckett(and new dad) on peg5 with 48.14
5th nick merry on 31 with 43lb
6th andy gard on 11 with 39.12
 Silvers went to me with 20.4

2 comments:

  1. who won the silvers then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me lol but nick duckett won the money by default off peg 5 with 15lb

    ReplyDelete