Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 November 2013

Shiplate main lake

With only 12 fishing there was plenty of room on this 15 peg lake as the pegs are miles apart, it has been re pegged with A numbers inbetween so thee are now 20 pegs available making it ideal for club bookings ,
Back to today and after a few frosts it was always going to be hard, I ended up on peg 11 which was the first peg over the bridge on the far side, I had Paul elmes on12 for company and trigger miles away on 9 was the next peg in. 11 can be a good peg for carp down the edge to a sunken bush, so I made a rig up for it and fed it with caster and corn but never had a bite there, also a wag towards the island can be ok , so I made that up aswell , but that was a waste of time too, it was a little to shallow on the wag and with the cold weather the water had lost some colour, so that only left me the long pole lines , one rig does all with this so I set up a 4x12 pencil with the usual 6313 on ,10 line, I fed an 11 mtr line with groundbait , a 14 mtr line with micros  to begin with, starting on single maggot at 11 mtrs I expected bites straight away, but after an hour and not a bite on any line I was beginning worry, Paul on 12 was catching thee to the pound skimmers and trig had two carp on the lead by the end of the first hour, into the second hour and I stared to catch small roach, and that was how it continued with me catching small roach and Paul catching skimmers , the writing was on the wall really, I didn't start to catch any skimmers till the last hour , and I pulled out of one of the lakes big bream 30 mins from the end , the lake seemed to be fishing really bad with kev molten on peg1 looking to have won with 4 carp,. And he did with his 4 fish going 27.10
2nd with his all small skimmer net was Paul elmes on 12 with 18.4
3rd Craig Edmunds with his two self hooked carp and a suicidal chublet on peg 9 had 14.8
4 th Dom Sullivan on 13 with 13lb
5th alan oram on 14 with 12.14
6th me with 10.13 , that bream cost me , but I did manage second in silvers by default so all wasnt lost lol

No comments:

Post a Comment