Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Weds open landsend fishery

Only 11 fishing today and I can't blame people for not coming as the forecast was crap with high winds and heavy showers with hail in the morning ,with the showers stopping later in the day but the wind staying strong . I let Mohamed Harding draw for me which is normally a mistake and today was no different as he handed me peg 3 and kept 17 for himself, selfish I call it lol.
For company I had mark Bartlett on one and Aaron britnell on 5 , so I was in a ginger sandwich.
Mark seems to be enjoying his match fishing for smaller species , rather than the carping match side of things , and he is good at both types ,so it was always going to be hard to beat him (making my excuses already), peg three has had a bit of form recently for silvers and carp, so I was a bit torn as what to fish to in the end I decided on a fairly heavy feed approach with caster, so I set up a .4g rig to fish at 4 and 10 mtrs as this was as far as I could go due to the strong right to left wind, the same rig would also do for down in the left hand margin as it was the same depth as the other 2 lines, I also made up a rig to fish down to empty pallet 2 with corn and caster,
At the start I began at 4 mtrs after feeding my other lines, it was a bit slow but I had a few perch up to 6oz but the sport on this line didn't last to long , probably due to the clarity of the water, most of the remainder of the match was stent on the 10 mtr line where I had lots of small perch and roach, I did get one carp over that line and a good skimmer towards the end, I also had two carp from two bites on corn down by peg 2, as far as the match went Ron hardiman on 7 looked to have done enough even though he lost several carp, and the silvers would probably go to mark on peg 1 as up until about ten mins to go I reckoned I was ahead in the small perch and roach stakes largely due to 3lb skimmer I had , then bugger me if mark don't go and land one he hooked right in the top of the dorsal fin, it's normally me that gets that sort of luck, also Aaron on 5 was going to beat me aswell, making it a double ginger whammy each side hmmmm.
1st went to Ron hardiman on 7 with 57lb
2nd fabio on peg 17 with 51lb, he should have done better but he lost 12 carp fishing hard pellets tight to the island
3rd Aaron britnell on 5 with 39lb
4th me with 28lb
5th Martin lenaghan on 19 with 27lb
6th john(turkey) Thompson on 11 with 25lb
Silvers
Mark Bartlett on 1 with 15lb
Me on 3 with 14 lb
Off to shiplate main lake on Sunday, still got a couple of spaces so ring me at the shop to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment