Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 November 2013

Silvers league , viaduct fishery

This is round four and another section win would be nice. After being picked up by chris fox and after another excellent brekkie at shipham it was off to the is here,
After winning the silvers match on weds I fancied drawing the same peg or somewhere close to, and after talking to several people and expressing my wish to be on 94 again I got called a few nasty names when I went into the draw tin and pulled it out, I think the devil now owns my whole soul.
For company I had Paul faires on 95 and steve tucker opposite on 90, getting to my peg it was similar  conditions to weds with no wind but it was cloudy which may help with the lack of ripple.
Only two rigs to put up today, both 4x12 pencils , one for the right hand margin as I had a couple of nice hybrids there on weds, but I did give it several goes during the match but never had so much as a twitch there, the other rig was going to do all three lines, as it was the same depth at 5, 11 and 14 mtrs  at the start I cupped in one small ball at 5 mtrs ,3 at 11 and 4 at 14 mtrs all with just a few casters in, starting at 5 mtrs loose feeding some casters there I want expecting to much as I gave it 30 mins on weds but never had a proper bite there, so I was quite happy as after 30 mins today a had a Ruffe a roach , a 12oz perch and lost a carp but it wasnt hectic, Paul to my left had a few smallish skimmers on a feeder fished at 20 mtrs and mash on 96 and dave roper on 97 had taken a couple of good skimmers eah on the long pole, so after 30 mins it was out to 11 mtrs , I had a couple of nice skimmers there but that line wasnt to good either, so I was forced out to 14 mtrs a bit earlier than I would have liked, but had a coupe of small skimmers and a bonus tench, I also potted in a few balls at this stage off to my right at 14 mtrs, for somewhere else to go, it was hard and I never rally caught till the middle two hours of the match , when I had the bulk of my fish , I only had a couple of proper skimmers, that is fish over 2 1/2 lb the rest where fish between 4oz and a pound , the skimmers stemmed to desert me for the last couple of hours, I think they moved out and across as steve tucker over on 90 had a real struggle for the fist half of the match , but was towards the end sneaking a few decent skimmers in, the end couldn't come soon enough , to was a 4 pm finish and most people couldn't see there floats by about 3.30, including me , Paul on my left was really finding it hard as the glasses chris fox had donated to him about ten years ago don't seem to work for him now,
At the end I thought I had between 25 and 30 pounds and was confident it would be enough to give me the section, making it 4 out of 4, to keep me in top spot, my catch of 26.11 was enough for first on the day
2nd went to Gary o Shea on 119 with 19.7
3rd Adrian jeffery on 124 with 18.4
4th steve tucker on 90 with 18.3
5th steve Jackson on 100 with 15.13
6th mark Brennan on 55 with 15.11
Off to landsend on Wednesday and shiplate next Sunday on the main lake, there are plenty of spaces for weds and a few left for next Sunday , so ring me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in for either





4 comments:

  1. Oh and I forgot to mention , andy Neale, who is doing well for movember with the tash, trouble is he looks like like a dodgy fat Mexican bandit from a spaghetti western, he,s playing the good, the bad one the ugly all rolled into one lol,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A living bloody legend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I bought a lucky van......... Shame its just the fucking passenger seat........ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You drawn sock on....but won match by a large margin.
    Well done mate.
    Mother Brown

    ReplyDelete