Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 June 2014

float only rnd 2 landsend

Still a good turnout , 40 fishing today again so with all 3 lakes being used I wasnt to sure as to where I fancied to draw , I let tim clark do the honours for me and he handed me peg 3, not a peg of choice, mike nicholls was on it on Wednesday and really struggled,  bit looking on the bright side at least the swim had a rest, the carp on tgis lake were having a bit of a spawn and you never really can tell as to how the fish will react, the carp seem to still want to eat a bit but the silvers dont want oir baits, they much prefer carp roe.
for company I had clayton hudson on 1 and john turkey thompson on 5.there were a few fish cruising so a stalker rig was put together , which is a .2g j13a on .16 with a 16 b960, I set uo a .1g to fish tight over towards the island , and a couple of on the deck pellet rigs , one for 5mtrs and one to fish down to empty peg 2, to be honest I fave both the deep pellet rigs a couple of goes but never had a bite on either,  so I wont be wearing my thumbs by mentioning them again.
I started on the stalker rig and spent the majority of the match on that method, the carp were a bit deeper than normal, probabaly about 15 inches down , so spotting fish was at times quite hard, but I have good polaroids which helps, I had an interesting match finishing with 24 carp for over 100lb, I had 18 stalkers and 6 against the island, I could see I had won the section , with joe mcmahon on 6 the only threat as he had a good last couple of hours, clayton would have done well on peg 1 if he had left the blackbird food in the bag and fished pellet, but he likes murdereing worms .
in the end it fished reasonably well with 7 weights over 100lb, with gary oshea on peg 33 leading the way with 125.1.
2nd was me with 124lb
3rd mike nicholls on 32 with 117.10
4th paul elmes on 25 with 112.4
5th bobo gullick on 27 with 109.4
6th steve tucker on 36 with 107.9
silvers
steve tucker with 31.14, mainly skimmers and f1, s
off to viaduct on weds for a short pole match on cambell, I think there are still a couple of spaces left so ring me at the shop to book in on 01179517250

No comments:

Post a Comment