Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 June 2014

weds landsend costcutter

12 booked in so not to bad, we had an interestin  journey down, when fabio advised us that women all over the southwest reckoned he bore more than a passing resemblance to bruce willis, needless
To say both ron hardiman and myself aggreed NOT, it will be interesting to see if anyone else agrees.
Back to the match and it was going to be a quiet day as tom thick wasn't coming. reckons he has lost his mojo a bit , quitter I say, lol.
nick green and his better half booked in for today , it was good to catch up with nick as I havnt seen him for 9 or 10 years, last time I spoke to him was on a new years eve about 4 years ago when he rang me by mistake , alcohol error methinks,  maria was confident today as she had won the acorn open on Tuesday with 117lb, her first ton in a match so well done to her.
back to the draw and I had the last ticket in the draw, out comes peg 13, another corner peg . For company I had bruce the moaner fabio on 15 and nick green opposite on 11, lots of options in this peg so I set to rigs to fish across to the island on pellet, bown the left hand margin with the same , a slapper rig, a meat rig for the right hand margin and one for left hand side aswell, 5 rigs in all, I was getting confused looking at them all, on the whistle I hed all lines and behan across against the island,  at the start tim ford turned up for a bit of a watch, which was good to see.  The start was a bit hard for , fabio, sorry bruce,  began well and had 5 fish in the net bfore I connected with my first , so I was playimg catchup straight away, nick opposite also had a couple of fish on the lead cast at the island , it took me a while to get my head around things as I kept fouling fish, I was really falling off the pace with bruce as he was catching well, but the moaning was beginning to get on my nerves, my left hand margin gave me 2 small carp on meat before I hooked a bigger one down there which stole my rig in a snag, so no more about that swim, the right hand margin was a bit more productive producing giving me several fish in the last couple of hours, by switching between the island and the margin the last 2 hours were my best , and I was slowly catching brucio uo bit I had left it to late, by the end it was clear that it was going to be between bruce and glen bailey for 1st  and I was looking at 3rd at best, as it was bruce(fabio) harding won with 147lb, all taken off the far bank on banded 8mm pellet, and he went 8lb over in one net
2nd was me with 132.14
3rd glen (2pots)bailey on peg 20 had 130.11
4th john dursley on peg 1 with 68.4
5th martin alexander on 17 with 58.1
6th ron hardiman on 22 with 52.4
silvers
the gimp with 20.8 on peg 19
next weds we are running a short pole match on cambell only a few spaces left so ring me at the shop to book in on 01179517250

1 comment:

  1. Bet Ron was sulking cuz he couldn't have the last peg

    ReplyDelete