Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 June 2014

short pole match, viaduct fishery

No real trouble with filling this match as its on cambell lake , we have had a few of these short pole matches in the last few years and they always prove popular,  today we only could use the topset and three more , so down to the number 6 only, nice and comfortable,  with no thrashing a rig  around the end of a 16mtr pole , thats to much like hard work on a hot day.
I let john (turkey) thompson draw for me and he handed me peg 123 which os up in the left hand corner, it can be good for both carp and silvers, but with the wind blowing off the bank and with flat water I wasnt to confident, for company I had tim ford to my right, and this was his first match in a few months as he is still recovering from surgery,  it was good to see him out fishing. I set up 3 rigs , one for the margins with 8mm pellet, a .25 for banded pellet at 3 and 6mtrs and a stalking rig just in case any cruisers came into range,
on the whistle I fed all 3 lines and began at 3 mtrs, to say it was slow by this venues standards was an understatement, in fact without having to bore you too much , I had 3 tench and 9 skimmers in first 4 hours and 5 carp in the last two, 2 from the margin and 3 at 6mtrs, I was kicking myself as I left the paste in the van and tim had a good last couple of hours putting several good carp in tje net. The , atch was never going to be a big weight affair as the lake has been fishing quite hard, I think spawning has taken its toll a bit and the fish need a bit of time to recover properly,  tom mangnall over on 114 looked to have done the best , and it was confirmed with the scales as he won with 124.06 catching on banded 8mm
2nd was 2 pots bailey on 131 had 100.15
3rd tim ford on 124 witj 95. 9
4th mark tanner on 110 with 73.12
5th john baker on 135 with 72.10
6th mike west on 112 with 67.01
silvers
ME with 22.10

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the company and making feel much better!

    ReplyDelete