Total Pageviews

Monday 22 September 2014

Ivy house Sunday open

Firstly a message from steve long at viaduct fishery, the silvers league starts in two weeks and there are still some people haven't paid there entry and confirmed they are fishing, so please give the fishery a ring on 01458274022 to confirm you are fishing, be quick as there are reserves waiting to fish.
Back to ivy house and with 28 eventually booking in, it was another good turnout. After a decent breakfast it was into the draw tin and out comes 37 which s n the backside of the island just as it starts to widen, with empty pegs on the far bank to my right I decided to fish at about a 1 o,clock angle at 6 and 14 mtrs , so I set up a silvers rig to use at 6 mtrs over groundbait and at 14 mtrs I opted for a pellet attack, and with the small carp not showing to well I decided on an 8mm pellet attack as big fish have been the mainstay of the matches lately, I also set up a rig for dead maggot down my right hand margin as 38 wasn't in, 39 was filled by my travelling partner Ron hardiman, at the start I cupped in some 8,s at 14 mtrs , 6 balls of g bait at 6 mtrs with caster in for some hoped for skimmers, and a few dead mags into my right hand margin, I started at 14 mtrs with an 8mm banded pellet, 5 mins in and I had my first bite, a 6oz skimmer, opposite, I think it's steve chandler had a decent carp at the same time but that was it as far as early doors went at our portion of the lake, I haven't really got anything to talk about as apart from small roach over the g bait at 6mtrs, it was rock hard, out of desperation I put in a big pot of dead maggots and 6 mm pellet at 14 mtrs, and it did get a bit of a response , I had a carp lost a couple of foulers and had a few better skimmers , but it was always going to be to little to late, my meagre catch of one carp ans silvers went 16.1, most of the action was going on around the corner to my left in the 20,s and low 30,s, leading the way and coming out with a comfortable win was steve Waters from Oxford on peg 31 with 115..8. Catching the bulk of his weight on dead maggot down to empty peg 30
2nd, on 23 was Paul baker on 23 with 77.4
3rd was Martin lenaghan on recently restocked peg 21 with 67.7
4th,Jamie Compton on 27 with 53.5
5th Chris cotterell on 29 with 46.10
6th glen d on 34 with, 44.2
Silvers
Joe Thompson on peg 5 with 20.8.
Off back to summerhayes on weds then next Sunday I,m running an open at landsend fishery on match and speci lake, 9.30 draw and fish 10.45-4.45. Ring me at the shop on 01179517250 to book in










No comments:

Post a Comment