Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 September 2014

Sunday open , landsend fishery

20 booked in today so mike let us use match and speci lake, I let Tom mangnall pull me a peg and he gave me 40 which is the disabled peg in the corner of the speci, it's not been to good here of late , but fish have fins so you never know, it's got a bit of form as a good margin peg fishing to the right so a rig was put up to fish pellet against the bank that way, a meat rig for 5 mtrs just for a change lol, and three pellet rigs , one for 17 mtrs towards the island on the deck, one for against the right hand end bank and a shallow rig for the island and the right hand end bank. For company I had chris fox opposite on 25 and Paul elmes on 38, so there was going to be no shortage of swearing.
At the start I fed the end bank and towards the island with 6mm hard pellets and put some down to the left with a pot and just in case I fed a handfull to the right by the inlet pipe which has well and truly stopped running, with the lakes down by at least a foot the need for some serious rain is long overdue. And I fed some meat at 5 mtrs. Starting over towards the island on the deck I soon had some indications , shortly followed by a couple of lost foulers, I noticed a fish out in open water and swung my depth rig out in front of it and it followed the pellet down and took it, that was a signal to up my feed , which worked a I had several fish on the shallow rig, but it's hard work at 17 mtrs , I think I had 8 fish on it before the sun got on the water and the pole started to put them off, the lake sounded as though it was fishing well, as far as the anglers I could see, both Chris and Paul were doing ok aswell,  also it sounded like fabio on 32 was catching well too, halfway through and a switch to the right hand edge saw me take a few more , but you need to be quick as the fish do there best to get into the mesh cage on the end bank , it's a case of lifting into the fish and chucking the pole back in one movement to get maximum pressure on, trouble is you tend to pull out of a few as the pressure is to great, the margins gave me one fish and the meat line three, I think I ended with 21 carp and a few silvers for about 130 to 140lb by my reckoning , I actually ended up with 144.2 for top on the lake but still behind the winner on the day in the shape of Craig Edmunds who was on peg 17 on the match lake with 202.14 , all caught on his favoured meat bait at 5 mtrs
2nd was me with 144.2
3rd Tim Clark on 15 with 129.14
4th Chris fox on 25 with 123lb
5th Paul elmes on 38 with 114.13
6th steve Seager on 33 with 110.5
Silvers
Nick Collins with 29.5 of roach and skimmers on peg 34
Weds I,m off to viaduct for an open on cambell, should be ok













No comments:

Post a Comment