Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 September 2015

Sunday Ivy house open

Back up the motorway to this increasingly popular fishery , Andy and karen are always looking to improve things which is nice to see, and the brekkie is still good , even if karen was a bit snowed under with orders as there were plenty of anglers about today .
Into the draw tin and out comes 8 on the new canal, now according to the sheet 8 shouldn't have been in the mix , it should have been 9 according to Andy, so he changed the sheet to 8 , but after several more draw bag cockups we were soon being called back for a redraw, second time around I pulled out  peg 3 on the match lake , which is an ok peg, for company I had travelling partner Jason Radford on 4 and Alan pardew (I think) on 2 . Last time here I had 80lb of skimmers on worm over chopped worm and caster in groundbait, so I set up a rig for that at 11 meters and two pellet rigs for 16 meters, one shallow and the other for on the deck.
At the start I cupped in three balls at 11 Mrs and cupped some 6mm hard pellets on the 16 mtr line, starting with a piece of worm over the ground bait I was soon swinging in a micro perch , soon followed by several more, not the best of signs , I did get a few roach aswell but I think the cod night and and bright conditions were never going to encourage the large head of skimmers to feed, so it was out on the 16 mtr line on the deck but all that produced was a 6oz skimmer, with the sun beating down there were some cruisers about but they certainly weren't interested in feeding , so 2 1/2 hours in I had less than a pound in the net, then I managed to mug a good fish so that got me off the mark, and with no one really catching much I stuck with it . I hooked another right munter , which I thought was well under control, that was until it turned round and stole my rig and elastic doh, but it has been in all summer so it probably was on borrowed time, Alan in the meantime was catching roach steadily on his top kit and looked to be easily winning the silvers, so I did start feeding some caster on top kit range , but I just fished my .4 g skimmer rig in the 3 foot of water and did start catching some nice roach, but I was to far behind to catchnalan so I went back out after carp, it was hard but I managed to end the match with 7 carp, 2 stalked , 3 shallow properly where I was feeding and 2 on the deck towards the end, I also had a 3 lb bream on my top kit on single caster along with some decent roach, my carp went 53 lb and the silvers went 9.3 for a 62.3 total and first on the day,
2nd was Mike etheridge on 20 with51.10
3rd red n 12 with 48.12
4th bela bakos on 18 new canal with 42.14
5th joe Thompson on 14 canal with 42.8
6th Craig Edmunds on 12 canal with 40.14
Silvers went to Alan next to me on 2 with 26.6.
It was really a difficult day with nothing really wanting to feed, hopefully with a bit of settled warmer weather this week the fish will get there heads down next weekend, so for those who may be interested I am running a match at lands end fishery next Sunday , on the match lake and hopefully enough to use a second lake aswell, so as normal txt or ring me on 07074807941 to book in or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in







No comments:

Post a Comment