Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 September 2015

Sunday open landsend fishery

Just enough fishing today to use the match lake and the car park bank of the speci, I wasn't to fussed where I drew as long as I could avoid peg 9 and probably 39 as that peg has been really cruel to me in the last few years, I waited for the last peg in the tin and opened it to see number 3 looking back at me , I quite like the peg as 2 and 4 are not normally put in , so plenty of room to work with, and to make it better I had Nigel Bartlett on peg 1 and Chris fox on 5 both of which were going to try and target the silvers , so all the carp for me then  ha ha ,  not to many rigs , a shallow rig for any slurp ears against the island and another for on the bottom on the island shelf in about 15 inches of water, both to fish banded 8,s over loosefed 6,s and a meat rig for 5 meters and the same rig would do for my left hand margin by a small bed of lilies as it was the same depth. The shallow slurper rig was never used so no more about that one then, I even put the hook back in my ready tied box ,
At the start I fed some 6,s across with a catty then shipped out a piece of meat to 5 mtrs, threw 10 bits in and Hooked a carp straight away, in fact I had another next drop, so that was 2 fish in the net for 14lb before some people had finished cupping bait in, 15 mins in and I had 3 carp and an f1 , a good start but would it be to much to soon, luckily it never , by the end of the first hour I had 7 carp and the solitary f1 for probably 60lb , but already craig(trigger) Edmund was  admitting to 100lb, so everyone was going to be chasing his tail again, I had a nice steady match catching carp on both meat lines and also over on the pellet , I ended up with 45 carp to 12lb and the lonely f1 for over 200lb , but I had a good average size so it would probably be well over 200, but with trig admitting to having 70plus carp it was likely he would have over 300lb.
My nets went 256.9 which I was well happy with off the peg but I was still well behind trig as he weighed 311.5 , catching well on pellet up his left hand margin at 16 meters before switching to meat at 5 meters towards the end of the match.
So second for me then.
3rd went to steve seater on peg 39 with 147.1
4th Andy hembrow on 15 with 141.5
5th Paul elmes on 24 with 134.1
6th Mike Nicholls on 18 with 90.12
Silvers
Clint wojtyla on 37 with 36.1 of mainly skimmers on soft pellet or corn over micros
2nd was Paul faiers on peg 22 with 33.2 of skimmers on caster.
Matches this week
Off to Avalon on Thursday for an open, again no floating or buoyant baits to be used or fed including bread and all artificials, it's a 9.30 draw at the fishery
On Sunday I am running on at landsend fishery again but out on lake 3 with part of number it needed, for both matches phone or txt me on 07974807941 to book in , or ring me in veals on 01179260790 to book in for either match






No comments:

Post a Comment