Total Pageviews

Friday 4 September 2015

Thursday Avalon costcutter

Only a dirty dozen fishing today as there were some fishing elsewhere or they had to do the dirty and work !!!!!.
I drew last but one and ended up on peg 23 , end peg on the left hand bank, I had really wanted to fish for skimmers again today but the peg had more form as a carp peg , but it was not going to be stopping me having a go, so rigs today were a .6g for silvers with a 16 middy 6313 hook on .12 yuki line, then 2 rigs for banded pellet against the end bank at 13 mtrs where I had to do a bit of gardening so I could get in close , one shallow and one for on the deck where it was still over 5 foot deep as close as I could get.
The all in was shouted and I cupped in 2 balls at 5 meters and 3 at 11 with some worm and caster in them , and by the time I had stood up for the pre match pee, and cleaned my glasses the peg was already fizzing on both lines, last time on here I caught lots of good skimmers in the fizz but today was different , I couldn't get a sensible bite , off the bottom and it was whitebait, on the deck it was nothing , I did get three good skimmers on the bottom and a handful of smaller ones but 2 hours and 20 mins in, and with crap moving along the end bank , that was the signal to throw the silver rig up the bank, the last 3 1/2 hours were enjoyable and I ended up with 28 carp of various sizes from 1 to 6lb, the only other person I could see catching was the irrepressible Mike west on peg 20 who was feeding a steady stream of carp into his nets using his favoured paste method.
I worked on my fish averaging about 3lb but they were slightly bigger as my carp went 102.8 and my meagre silvers went 7.13 for a 110.5 total which was enough to win , just scraping the result over Mike west who had 108lb.
3rd rich Coles on 17 with 92.9
4th Adrian Jeffrey on 13 with 82.8
5th Mike Nicholls on 5 with 68lb
Silvers
Nigel Bartlett on 19 with 33.5 of mainly whitebait
The silvers were close with with 5 more weights between 22 and 28lb which bodes well for the Saturday silvers league vic is running this autumn, the dates are.
26/9 ,3/10,10/10,17/10,24/10,31/10,7/11,14/11,21/11,28/11.  20 pounds entry then 21 pools on the day, 8 results to count from the 10, should be good, I wish I didn't work Saturdays as I think it will be good

No comments:

Post a Comment