Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 September 2015

Sunday open, landsend fishery

I was hoping to get enough to use 3 and 4 lakes today , but with a couple of cry offs due to injury and a bit of fixture clashing , we only ended up with 11 so t was lake three only, I was last but one to draw and ended up on 58 which tends to be the last swim used on the right hand bank, it's always been a good draw so I wasn't moaning . For company I had to look at Dave westcott aka Mr bean over on 54 and my nearest neighbour was rod Wooten on 62 , rigs today were a meat rig for 5 mtrs, a pellet rig to fish n the deck each side and across on the island and it was all the same depth within a couple of inches so one rig did all on those pellet lines, and finally a shallow slapper/stalking rig.
At the start I began feeding 6 mm hard pellets across to the island and up by peg 57 to my right and a few 8,s to my left at 3 mtrs, and some meat at 5 mtrs, I began on the meat line and had a carp first put in , but a definate false dawn on that as I only managed one more on that line during the rest of the match , so no more about that , an hour in and with the sun out some fish were up on the top mooching about so it was out stalking and I managed a few good fish to 10 lb on that before the sun went in and most of the cruisers disappeared, I managed a few slur perks from the island but as always these fish are cagey and were quick to disappear once the pole appeared above there heads, so the margins were the most productive , left and right , so I ended up with I think 27 carp , but the margin fish were of a smaller stamp, Ron Hardiman on 66 also had 27 carp but of a bigger stamp so he was going to be the man to beat , also Dave roper on 70 was admitting to 100lb.
Ron came out n top with his 27 fish going 166.13. Catching all on meat from his right hand margin on meat
2nd was me with 133.9
4th Dave roper on 70 with 99.9
5th rod Wooten with 68.6 off 62
6th kev molten on 50 with 60.12
Silvers
Clapton Hudson on 42 with 23.10





No comments:

Post a Comment