Total Pageviews

Monday 28 September 2015

Two for the price of one

fished two matches this week, Avalon on Sunday then the over 50,s silvers only at the sedges on Monday.
Sunday firstly and it's a little bit disappointing that I could only get 11 to fish this one , especially when it fishing so well for carp and silvers , and it's about as fair a venue as you can get ,as it seems there are plenty of skimmers and bream up to 4lb seemingly in ever peg , plus there is a myriad of small fish to be caught on a topkit to hand, back to the match and I ended up on 35 which is just past the end of the second island , I could cast. Swag back at the island so the shallow wag was put up, then two long pole rigs for pellet , one on the deck and one shallow, and a silvers rig for 5 Mars for worm over ground bait with chopped worm and caster, I had an enjoyable day really , I think I may have caught well on the shallow wag out by the island but due to a nasty underwater snag which kept slicing my hook lengths I shelved that one , but I did get a couple , I also had a few carp on the deep pellet rig , but I kept coming back over the silvers line taking good skimmers , so by the end I thought I had 35lb of silvers and 45lb of carp, I actually had 39lb of silvers and 52lb of carp for 91lb in all,
The weights were good with 164.14 being top weight off peg 24, Dave downton
2nd 119.12 off peg 42 Paul elmes
3rd 97.10 peg 37, steve seager
4th 92.11 on peg 30, Jason radford
5th 91lb on peg 35 tony rixon
6th 89.15 on peg 38 Mike west
Silvers
39lb peg 35, tony rixon
34.13 peg 28 stuart graham
Monday over 50,s sedges brick lake.
25 turned up for this one today which is an excellent turnout really, even if we were all oldies,lol.
With that many fishing it meant we were going to be on brick with an overflow onto tile, everyone felt a draw on brick would be needed to win today as the skimmers are a much bigger stamp on that lake, so I go and draw 33 on tile lake , not ideal really, for company I had Phil clapp on 32 and mark , I can't read his surname sorry , on 34 , but I will say his wife makes lovely cakes which we had after the match with the usual complimentary tea and coffee supplied by Denise, I also had steve(scud) Jefferies behind me on 6 , who wanted a quid side bet seeing he was sat on a flier, only two rigs today, one to fish caster and the other with a bigger hook to fish worm, at the start I cupped in two balls at 6 Mars and three at 13 , all laced with caster and chopped worm, with skimmers and perhaps a tench and some eels in mind, well to say it was difficult was an understatement , odd bites was all you could get, with the caster rig being the most productive, small 2to 4oz skimmers being the only fish that seemed to want to feed , even those were proving difficult to trap, I kept topping up with balls of g bait bpduring the match, but it didn't seem to help or hinder, no one was emptying it , mark on my left had decided to fish the whip shallow and caught small fish the whole match, and Phil on my right was making his chopped worm and caster work to fashion , taking slightly better skimmers than me , but he did have a bit of carp trouble, I just kept plugging away putting small skimmers in the net with the odd better one to 12 oz, 10 mins from the no I was adrift of the anglers each side of me with Phil talking about chip shop sausages and being battered all round, but then I had 3 skimmers in the last ten mins that would probably go 3 1/2 pounds between them, making it close with the anglers each side, but the lakes had fished hard and Pete ? Won on peg 5 with 19.2
2nd was mark to my left with 16.4
3rd was me with 15.14 with the help of those three late skimmers
4th Phil Coupar on 9 with 15.6
5th Phil clapp on 32 with 15lb
6th Bob c n 15 with 13.4.
Ans what of steve Jefferies, well nuff said on that one , his 8.11 meant I was going large on the way home , thanks steve.













No comments:

Post a Comment