Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 November 2015

Viaduct silvers league round 3

i really needed a good draw in this match as I am sat on two section wins, aloe with Dan squire, I said I fancied 96 or 97 but with 49 fishing it wasn't to good on the odds to get one , I followed Adrian Jeffrey into the draw tin, he pulled out 2 tickets , I took the one stuck out and blow me down if it wasn't 97 , lol. Only real problem was that I had San squire on 96 for company who is always a tough one to beat. , be it silvers or carp.
Three rigs today all .25 g PC pencils , one to fish my topkit to hand , and two for over the groundbait, one double bulked , the other more of a spread shot affair, all rigs had size 18 middy 6313 hooks on .10 sensas feeling line, groundbait as always was sensas lake mixed 50/50 with veals gimps ,
At the start I cupped in 2 balls at 11 Mtrs and 3 at 14 , all with a few casters in. Then I started on the topkit to hand rig, to catch the usual few small roach, but after 20 mins without a bite that rig was consigned to the rig scrap heap for today, out to 11 Mtrs and after a couple of small roach I started to get a few hand size skimmers, as was Dan , the fish didn't seem to want to come in to close today as no one was catching short on our lake, even the 11 Mtrs line started to die , it was out to 14 Mtrs for the duration of the match, it was a good contest between myself and Dan , with each of us getting little bursts of small skimmers, it really looked as though the fish were moving between us as Dan would catch a few and I wouldn't then it would switch round with me catching and Dan struggling, we expected a few better skimmers as the match went on, but it wasn't really until the last couple of hours when a few began to show, and it was nip and tuck between us all through , but by the end I thought San had pipped me as he had on more bigger skimmer than me , I weighed first and put 22.12 on the scales, Dan did look a bit concerned but the extra skimmer did the business as he weighed 24.13 to win the section, but second in section will do for me.
On the whole it fished a lot harder than people expected as it's been so mild ,
1st S Powell won on peg 111 with 34.3 of skimmers
2nd don Sutherland on 114 with 26.6
3rd Martin Preston on 62 with 25.12
4th Dan squire peg 96 with 24.13
5th steve denmead on 24.10
6th Dave roper on 55 with 24.1
It was a close match with me coming in in 8th with 22.12 , and there were plenty more double figure weights,
Next Sunday I am running one at harescombe on field lake which is a bit of an unknown  one as I haven't fished and nor has anyone else I now of under match conditions ,all I know is that there are plenty of carp along with some nice roach and skimmers,
I have a few spaces still so ringer txt me on 07974807941 to book in, it will be a 9am draw and breakfast is available in the on site cafe













No comments:

Post a Comment