Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 January 2016

Landsend winter league, round 2

Luckily Mike and Diane opened there new fishery cafe today, especially as we drove past lillypool at 7.20 and it was still shut.
Verdict on the Landsend breakfast, very good , can't wait for the next one.
In the Carpark waiting for the draw I came across one of our regulars, Pete nurse doing his Indiana Jones impression, as pictured, probably the smartest person on the fishery.
My turn on the speci lake today and I fancied any of the pegs between 31 and 34, I got my wish and pulled out 34, as anyone will tell you who knows the fishery will tell you its a banker peg for a good day, hmmm.
Also I had drawn Mark "the big bopper" poppleton in the knockout, and with him drawing 62 on lake 3 I really fancied beating him. On my lake I had the ever genial Nick sewers on 33 and the even more genial Adrian Jeffery on peg 36. Being an out and out carp peg my day was going to be based around pellets, hard and soft, soft over micros at 13 mtrs on 2 lines and hard 6,s over 4,s up and down the far bank shelf, I drew this peg in last year's league and had 150lb so I was confident of a few, possibly to confident, I began on the soft pellet lines but 30 mins in and only a coupling roach to show for my efforts, it was off to the bottom of the island shelf, that was no better , with not even liners, by now Nick to my left had caught a couple of carp along his end bank margin swim, and opposite on 32 the plump ginger ninja, Andy hembrow was also catching. My peg never switched on at all, I ended the match with 6 carp and a few silver's for 43lb, but I had a serious case of neck ache as Nick caught steadily all match on a variety of baits from nearly all lines in his swim, the picture shows him netting another one.



He won on the day with 122lb, I ended up 4th in the section, so that will definitely be a dropper then,
I am having a bit of a torrid just lately, I can't remember when I had a run as bad as this, but I will keep going and things will change, just in case things don't change , trigger has booked me in for some lessons as he has a few spare dates in March , yea right LOL. Weigh sheets below .


No comments:

Post a Comment