Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 January 2016

Sunday open viaduct fishery

Off to lillypool first for the normal tasty hot breakfast, only to hear that next week is the last time Wendy and her crew will be cooking , as she is going to another cafe in Weston called the copper kettle on locking road, hopefully the New tenants at shipham will be as good as her , fingers crossed . But it will be big shoes to fill.
Off to the fishery and into the draw queue, hoping for a peg at the Carpark end of Campbell as that's where the bulk of the fish seem to be , so what do I pull, 123 which is about as far as you can get from the fish at the mo, its good when the weather is cold as the fish like to live along the top bank, but with the but with the unseasonal weather so far this winter, the fish want to be at the other end in the shallow water. 123 used to be a good silver peg but this season it had been rubbish, and with the carp not wanting to be up this end of the lake, I thought I may struggle, so here goes a short blog, I set up the normal silver rig for 13 mtrs over groundbait, a caster rig for down the edge as there can be some good perch, and a lead rod for out in front and towards the end bank. After  I fed the pole line's I began on the lead. First with corn then meat . But apart from a couple of early small liners I never had a bite in 30 mins so I binned that and went onto the pole , but it was pants. Adrian Jeffery on 125 had some early carp, but it didn't last , the other end seemed to be fishing well as far as I could see with most catching carp, my match never got going , I did get a 2lb skimmer and lost one straight away , but apart from odd hand size skimmers , I got plagued by small roach, I hindsight and watching what was happening it seems the way to go at the mo is to feed caster and fish meat or corn on the hook, my groundbait approach was deffo a roach magnet today on this lake. Consequently I ended up with 8.7 which was useless, the only Money I picked up was a quid off Steve kedge who chucked back, but would have beaten me as he had a carp and silver's off peg 94, thanks Steve lol.
As expected the Carpark end fished well with Richard aherne on 132 having 175.2 using meat on the wag.
2nd mat taynton on 74 with 136.5
3rd Chris hook on 110 with 111.13
4th Don southerland on 130 with 106.6
5th Nick Sanders on 127 with 100.11
6th Paul elmes on 112 with 94.14
Silver's
Adrian Jeffery on 125 with 22.8 of skimmers plus 2 trench on corn over caster at 6 mtrs.
Next Sunday I am running one at Landsend, so give me a ring or txt on 07974807941 to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment