Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 April 2016

Landsend open, match and 3 lake , John walters

Must report on another sad loss before I start about the fishing, unfortunately Bob white passed away last week after a short battle with cancer, another thourally nice bloke , a good float angler I first met back in the 80,s  fishing on the Avon on the saint Anne's boardmills stretch, he was the man to beat in the club, a good stick float angler, and he often came into Avon angling for a good matter, he was always good company, its another top bloke who will be sorely missed, his funeral is being held at westerliegh crematorium on the 29th of April at 2.45, his family have said all his friends and old workmates from Bendix, as was.
Back to the fishing , 19 of us today so plenty of room spread over 2 lakes, into the draw tub and out comes 62 on lake 3, a nice peg with good margins and an island to fish to.
With the sun out there were several cruisers about, so the stalker was assembled first, followed by a couple of pellet rigs, one to fish under the tree to the left .
And the other on the deck against the island.
Next a couple of meat rigs, one for the left just past the small Bush in picture above and the other for 4 mtrs against the tree to right.

At the start I began on the stalker, it didn't take to long to get my first carp, I must admit I take great pleasure in spotting a fish and catching it, I don't just sit there spinning a rig around the end of the pole, I target individual fish, so I ended up with 20 carp today, 2 on the deck down by the tree to my left on pellet, one on meat under the tree to my right and 17 shallow , 2 of which were caught lifting and dropping by the island and the other 15 were fish I spotted and targeted, very interesting really when you see a fish turn and take the pellet, I ended up weighing 113.4 which was top on my lake but overall top weight went to Alex Murray on peg 17 with 177.4, again caught mainly shallow .
3rd went to Steve seager with 96lb off peg 41.
4th kev molten on 21 with 86.8
5th Joe McMahon on 51 with 83.11
6th Stuart Barnett on 5 with 80.8
Silver's went to Nigel Bartlett on peg 7 with, 29.12 of allotted, silver's on lake three went to Ken rayner with 16.3 off peg 68, he would have had over 20lb if we hadn't spotted a 4lb common in his net that he tried to claim was an f1, it must have been an f2 as it grew small barbules in the net after he caught it lol.
Don't forget its the shimano open day in veals next Saturday, should be a good day, with three of shimano,s finest in the shop to discuss products and give out some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment