Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 April 2016

Viaduct spring league rnd 1

Travelled with Chris Fox today, so Chris,s wife Caroline cooked us a top breakfast, very nice to.
Got to the fishery in plenty of time , and as last year 54 were fishing , so an exelant turn out for a match ,let alone a series.
Into the tin of dreams and out comes peg 116 on Campbell, flyer then, for company I had Mark poppleton on 115
 and Trevor senior on 118, the wind was a bit harsh today coming in and across from the right making presentation on the pole hard, but I left the lead rod in the bag, also the wag rod stayed wrapped up as it would have just blown back at me , so it was pole only then for me then, I set a shallow and deep pellet rig for 14 mtrs, also the deep rig would do for under the tree to my right, also a meat rig for 5 mtrs, and a rig for my right hand margin with pellet again, we started at 11 and by 11.40 I had 6 carp in the net, so a good start , as 6 an hour generally gives you 200lb ish, the I lost a fouler, and had to wait 45 mins for my next fish, so definitely not going to plan again, Mark on my left was finding it hard and only managed to put a couple of foulers in his net, ash on peg 114 was off to a flying start, but try on my right was also finding it hard. As the match went on it never started for me till the last 2 hours , when I began getting a few on the long pole , I also had a couple and some bream on the short meat line , but the wind was making presentation very hard, and I fouled a couple , towards the end of the penultimate hour my margin came to life and couldn't get in there quick enough, with 30 mins to go I had to borrow a net off Mark and had 11 carp in that time , ending the match with 38 carp and a few skimmers for 200lb or just over, and it was over as my net's went 225.9 for first on the day.
2nd , and not to far behind was Nick ewers on 86 with 195.12
3rd Danny baker with 182.3 on peg 97
4th Bob Giles on 112 with 182.2
5th Nick chedzoy on 131 with 179.13
6th Martin Preston on 135 with 161.3
To say it fished well would be an understatement as there were 21 weights over 100lb, incredible fishing really, roll on a fortnight , and the same peg please .



No comments:

Post a Comment