Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

18 fishing today,must be the threat of some nice weather dragging them out . Into the draw bag and out comes ping pong 31, I would have fancied peg 6 but des shipp was early into the draw and plucked that one out, looks like we would be fishing for second then, got to the peg and soon had myself sorted, a rig for 4 mtrs in front in the deep water , a pellet rig for down towards peg 32 , a maggot rig for down by 30 and a banded pellet rig for across to the far side, with the sun out there were a few fish on the surface, so I thought it may be ok.
All my rigs were on some Shimon line I have been using for a while, and I must say it seems to have good knot strength and be very durable
At the start I fed all lines, pellet to my left and across, maggot to my right  and maggot at 4mtrs, I started on the deep rig at 4mtrs but after 20 minutes and not a bite I binned that, I kept a bit of bait going in there but never had a touch there , so we won't be talking about that line again, by now odd people seemed to have had a fish or two , mainly across, so I followed suite, I had a carp quite quickly then lost a couple of foulers, but by lifting and dropping the rig against the reeds I had several more, but I got a bit carried away and overcooked it with bait, I did feed an area to my right along the far side but never had a fish from there, in fact the middle 2 hours of the match were very difficult, no one was catching ,except for des who I could just see in the distance, which is the best place for him LOL.
A couple of hours from the end I had a visit from gabe skarba who confirmed the only person really catching was des, while he was sat there I did manage to moan a couple of fish on , on corn down to pallet 30, one tench and  one carp, he reckoned he had bought me some luck, but I think the fish had begun to feel sorry for me , but he did take a picture before he left, which shows my best side, my back .
After he left I started fishing down to my left by pallet 32 and I had a bit of a purple patch, and half expecting a good finish I put another net in , kiss of death really as I only had 3 more carp in the last hour, I thought I had 60lb ish which apart from des was close to several others. In fact I had 60.10 which was good enough for 3rd behaving des with 120lb and venue expert Dave Stephenson on peg 5 with 62lb, top 6 below.
As normal des fish is on after catching shallow on maggot over caster out by the bridge .
Anyone interested we still have a few spaces for Sunday at Landsend, so ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in

No comments:

Post a Comment