Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 April 2017

Landsend open, Easter sunday

Back to Landsend fishery again today for another open, only 22 fishing today, not as many as last week but still ok considering it was a busy weekend for matches.
I'm also running a costcutter here on Tuesday if anyone fancies it, 9.30 draw as normal, but no breakfast at the fishery, so lillypool cafe it is then.
No nice to see Dave "the drain" Lewis back on the bank, he's been missed, and a bit of sadness today as Stuart Barnett is heading back to oz in a weeks time , but I've got a feeling he may not stay away to long, hopefully not, but whatever you do matey, Judith and me wish you all the best.
Back to the draw and I had the last ticket, peg 62 was my home for the day, not a bad peg as far as lake three goes, but it is a shallow one with barely 3 foot anywhere, I set up a pellet rig for across to the island and down to my left towards a tree with a reed bed just behind it, a meat rig for my left hand margin and a meat rig for 6 mtrs and by a tree to my right (same depth).
I took a picture of my peg which seems to have upset my official photographer.
At the start I began on the 6 mtr meat line hoping to get a couple of early mug fish, and I did luckily a couple of 5lb fish in the first 15 minutes,
There were a few fish on the surface , but they were proving difficult to mug, they were mostly moving through to quickly, I did manage get a couple during the match , but plenty more wouldn't play ball. Also the wind picked right up during the first half of the match making the island nigh on impossible to fish against with the rig getting blown through, I did get a few f1,s over there but lost three foulers as the rig was blowing into the fish, so I binned that one. The remainder of the match was spent swapping between the three meat lines and down to my left towards the tree and reeds, which was a bit torrid as you had to put some serious strain on things to stop the fish getting into the reeds and roots, but the tournament was well up for it.
The left hand margin was a bit of a disappointment as I only had one bite and fish from there, my best line was definitely the 6 mtr meat line, but you couldn't get two bites in a row, so it was a case of rotating around the lines, 13 mtrs to my left towards the tree and reeds , the tree at three mtrs to my right and the 6 mtr line, never fast and furious but there were bites to be had Southgate good enough then, no one was walking about so obviously there were a few fish being caught, especially by stu Barnett on 46 who was catching steadily down his margins, but I never had a clue as to how the match lake was fishing. By the end I was admitting to 110lb but Judith reckoned I had 115, but I new I was never going to beat stu, and that's how it ended with stu being top weight on our lake with 139.11 to my 116.13.
The match lake fished well with taught finish with Shaun Townsend winning on the day with 143.14 on peg 15 catching on meat mainly in his margins
2nd lean Hubbard on 18 with 141.13 again on meat but he did have a dozen fish on pellet across to the island before the wind mucked it up for him
3rd stu bar net on 46 with 139.11
4th Gordon canning on 22 with 124.2
5th me 116.13
6th Adrian Jeffery on 19 with 107.12.
Top silver's weight went to Martin pettiffer on 13 with 25.12
So all in all it fished well so looking forward to Tuesday, but it looks as though we are going to get a frost Monday night , but I don't think it will make to much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment