Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 April 2017

Viaduct fishery fishomania

Booked a day off work for this one , I havnt done one for a few years, and its a real draw bag job with the near end of Campbell being the preferred draw, any way more importantly was the breakfast stop, Judith and me stopped off at Landsend on the way, and it was its normal excellent standard (4.75), also the banter was funny as the mardens death squad were having a knock up on the speci lake.
Any way on to the fishery and my plan to turn up late to ensure I could escape if I drew badly , or I packed up early, I was last into the Carpark today's fishery meter maid , Colin dyer put me right in the entrance. Into the draw queue and I was nearly last and pulled out peg 52 on the match lake , not a lake of choice but at least I would have a days fishing, the lake has a lot of f1,s, carp and skimmers , hard 6,s over 4,s has been working so I set up a rig for on the deck deep and shallow at 14 mtrs, a meat rig for 6 mtrs and one for down the edge, and as the wind wasn't to tricky I set up a wag rod for the pellet across to the island, I treated myself to a new 12foot  drennan acolyte carp waggler rod, and I got to say its a treat to use, light responsive and with with a good action.
I started the match on the 14 mtr line with pellet, but after 45 minutes in, I was still fish less, only a couple of liners so I put it down and picked up the wag, I really wanted to feed 6,s across but a bit of a breeze made it difficult to get them across, so I had to fees a few 8,s instead, I didn't feel it was ideal but needs must.
I started putting a few fish in the net, small carp and f1,s.
I had a nice days fishing , switching between the wag, 6 mtr meat line and the margin, I had my biggest fish for the short meat line in the shape of an 8lb common.

I also had a run of slightly better carp from the margin, but lost one in a snag which upset the applecart as far as my margin went. I did end up with 81lb so I've had a nice day , no complaints.
I had to get the pink wellies in 
Bob Giles came first today off 111 with 178.13, but only just as he lost a net as he went over the 80lb cut off point for nets
2nd lee(mushy) farmer on 78 with 177.11
3rd Craig Edmunds on 131 with 177.8
4th Alex Murray on 97 with 144.3
5th Rob Jones on 113 with 141.12
6th Tony Gilbert on 110 with 139.13
There were 17 weights over 100lb .and in 17 place was Kevin Millard on 44 who was top weight on the match lake so he won my section, aaargh lead chucked, lol well done matey.
Off to Barston tomorrow with Chris Fox for a fundraiser match for the British disabled team, looking forward to it.
Next Sunday I'm running a match at Landsend so ring, txt or message me to book in.

No comments:

Post a Comment