Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 June 2019

Float only league rnd 2

Back to Landsend fishery today for this second match in the series,  but not after a stop in the very busy lillypool cafe in shipham for breakfast, very nice ,4.6.
With 40 fishing Mike let us put 10 on speci, and 15 on each lakes 2 and 3, so most had at least an empty peg on one side, got the draw underway and I waited for John white to get to the front and let him draw for me, no complaints when he pulled out 15  on the match lake, always a good peg. I had Dave Evans to my right on 16 and Glen Calvert to my left on 13.
It all looks very nice and green , these trees and plants certainly don't take a lot of encouragement at this time of year to grow at 100mph.
Lots of options with this peg, good margins each side, a meat line at 5 mtrs , and there is always the shallow water over by the island, and by shallow I mean it's only about 8inches, so I set up pellet rigs for each side margin, a meat rig for 5 mtrs and the shallow rig for against the island.
At the start I cupped in some pellets over by the island in a couple of spots, left and right, fed.pellets by hand into each side margin at topset and one, which is about as far as you need to go this time of year, then started on the short meat line to try and see if I could Nick a couple of early fish on it, I did lose two foulers quite quickly, then had no other indications, so I went over to the island on banded 8mm over hard 4,s, there were plenty of fish showing and waving there tails at me, but getting one on the hook was a different proposition, these carp in the lakes here can be some of the most difficult to catch, they can be a bit sneaky as they have been in the lakes for twenty years.now and have seen everything in that time, but they do make mistakes. Glen to my left started well in his margin, catching 5 fish before I had my first one, I've found with the venue it pays.to keep the feed going in As the fish need to be whipped up a bit to make them feed properly, foulers are always a problem,  but you just need to keep going, and normally they settle down and you can begin to catch properly, and that's basically what happened, my peg got better in the second half of the match. And it coincided with some extremely heavy rain with some thunder and lightening thrown into the mix aswell, I must say there are some nice looking fish in this lake.

I tried the margins about halfway through, the left hand side was hard with only one small fish, I had a few from the right burning had issues with the vegetation, so I left it alone it was all a bit traumatic. I did get a couple of fish late on on meat, but most of my fish came from the island , I had a family of ducks feeding on the pellet over there aswell, but I like them as they stir the bottom up colouring the water, which I think helps, the carp don't mind as they were in amongst the ducks fighting for there share. The rain stopped just before the end so at least we could pack up and weigh in in the dry. By the time the scales got to me , Martin McMahon was top with 107lb , I new I had that so I wasn't to surprised when my nets went 140lb, which have me the all important section win and was enough to give me second spot on the day behind Neil(drawbag)Mercer on peg 34 with 159lb, well done, Paul elmes on 31 was 3rd with 123lb and Mike nicholls 4th on 21 with 119lb, top silvers.weight on the day with 16.12 was Clayton Hudson just beating Shaun kitteridge who had 16.4. Weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment