Total Pageviews

Friday 21 June 2019

Huntstrete coffin dodgers

Back to huntstrete on bridge pool again, after an enforced closure due to fish lovemaking, it's a bit late but I'm sat down in West bay overlooking the sea so I thought I would do it now, been out for a beer and fish and chips with Judith so life is good at the mo.
Back to huntstrete and into the draw early as I was doing the recording, peg 10 hmmm, never had that one before, it has got an island to fish to, but it's well beyond pole length,

company wise I had steve tanner to my left on 11 and Dave Gillard to my right on 8, normally it can be a good productive margin, I set up a rig for several spots to my right, but that was a total waste line and hook as I never had a bite down there, and of that, I also set up a silvers line straight out at 13 mtrs, but again apart from a couple of small,(and I mean small) skimmers, that also was a waste of time , line and hook, not to mention the groundbait etc.
I set up pellet rig to fish on the deck to my right towards the island, and to be fair I had a few small carp towards the end in that, but I had my best action on the wag cast towards the island, which was very hard as the wind was backing down the lake down the side of the island and into me making casting and control nigh on impossible, if I never had a bite within seconds of the float landing, I had to wind in and cast again, needless to say I hooked the island several times as the closer you got the quicker the bite, also there are quite a few underwater snags.which also were causing problems as the rig was blowing through, I may have caught more fishing the lead over there , but I just really enjoy float fishing,  u the end I new I had over 50lb, which I new was going to be top on me his side of the lake, but I new the old sky dog in the shape of Mike nicholls on the other side of the island had done ok with 7 or 8 better carp, I fact his fish went over 80 lb whereas my smaller fish and f1,s went 58, so that was first and second overall, top silvers.went to dave(diddlybonk) haines with 15.12, that's him pictured behind me with my fish shot.
Although there were a few fish caught, I thinks it's still suffering a bit, as is a lot of venues with the late, or not finished spawning, so weigh sheets below.

We had a newbe today , Gary Bowden who has now reached the ripe old age of 55, so he is now eligible for these matches, hopefully he will be a regular now, he has been here practicing aswell, but the f o e on the sheet tells me he didn't quite get it right, but there was a lot of jealousy in the car park when he wheeled his kit out of the back of his can on his bespoke ramp, very nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment