Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 June 2019

Shiplate Thursday costcutter

First of all I'm going to start by wishing Steve Tucker all the best as he had had a bit of ticker trouble , and is presently languishing in an by a bed in Yeovil hospital, hope all goes well on Friday matey and hope to see you back on the bank soon.
Stopped in lillypool for breakfast, it was ok,  it they certainly don't like to let you in before the 8am opening time.
Got to the fishery to find 16 fishing which is a nice number on the big lake, dived into the draw bucket quite early and 12a stuck to my hand, at least it was in the far bank so the wind wouldn't be to troublesome, for company I had Alan quantrill to my right and ash Sanders to my left, it's an open water peg but does have a bit of form as a carp peg.
Opposite I had to contend with John Roberts looking back at me who has been on silvers fire of late, but the wind on that bank was going to make it hard today.
I set home silvers rig for skimmers to fish corn over groundbait at 9mtrs, a margin rig for pellet, a long line pellet rig(14mtrs) and a waggler for 25/30mtrs on the deck,
at the start I cupped in some groundbait and corn at 9 mtrs , some hard 6,s at 14 mtrs, a big handful into each side margin and some.8,s out on the wag line.
I began fishing for skimmers, but after nearly an hour I only had one. As for the margins, well I was completely ducklinged out, so that was a waste of bait and a hooklength. And it started to rain, the forecast was for showers, no one mentioned the rain in between though did they, I left my jacket and Brolly in the van, so I was soaked right through.
Most of my match was spent on the 14 mtr line, but it was a bit frustrating, if I never fed or fed very little I wouldn't get a bite, if I upped the feed I could get indications and bites , sometimes liners so foulers were a pain. I did get some on the wag aswell, but beverage size was quite small, with several of the small stockies making an appearance, I just kept at it and y the end I had lost as much as I had caught, slanting right had struggled for most of the match, but towards the end he was catching well to his rightly a sunken bush, so by the end I new it was close between us, but I also new a couple of anglers , namely Gary flinders and titch williams, and when the scales for to me titch had 119 and Gary 109, I thought I had 70lb of carp plus my few silvers and tiny  carp , wasn't First out as I had 82.14, just beating Alan to my right who had 80 lb on the nail. So I was third so I got my money back with a bit more, too silvers weight was taken by Dave wride with 37lb. Weigh sheets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment