Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 June 2019

Viaduct spring league final rnd

Stopped at Cannards for breakfast on the way again, and very nice to, tasty hot and quick, 4.79.
Still got to the fishery in plenty of time, so more than enough time for the normal banter, always enjoyable.
Going into this match I think I was in about 5th place, but with quite a few on the same points realistically I needed a section win with a reasonable weight to keep me in a money position, I may just creep in with a second in section as long as the people in the same position had a bit of a dipper.
I was third into the cruel tin of nightmares and opened my ticket to see 60 looking back at me, well potentially that was me done, especially when Gary o,Shea draws to my left in corner peg 59, then Nick ewers was the angler to my right on 62, Gary had the peg to be honest but it hasn't been to good in this league, a bit inconsistent, and nicks peg was on a par with mine although his right hand margin can be good, also the wind was blowing up towards that end, and these fish do enjoy following the wind, the corner pegs beyond Nick have been the best pegs in the league so far, with Steve chant on 64 and Ron hardiman was opposite him on 66, luckily not in our section.
I thought I would give it some today and try and force the peg to try and make something happen, so I set up a wag for pellet on the deck at about 20 mtrs,  it I thought that would be a bit of a non started as I could already tell there would be some horrendous tow coming from the right close in due to the wind, making the wag pull back towards me, and it did so although I tried it I was never going to get it to work, also I set up a margin rig to fish towards the right, but apart from a skimmer and a small roach that was it down there,
A meat rig for 5mtrs, again nothing really to report from there, apart from a couple of better skimmers late in the match,
All my fish came from the 14 mtr line on banded 6 or 8mm hard pellet over loose fed 6,s, I caught odd carp and skimmers but both me and gary were fighting for second place in the section as Nick on 62 was catching into his right hand margin , most of the fish seemed to be up that end of the lake, as Steve and Ron who were sharing the corner were both doing well.
I did foul a few as I probably tried to force it a bit to much, and up until the last hour when Gary , who had had a few to his left under the trees and then had a few fish from his short line, so by the end it was obvious Nick had won the section with 124lb, Gary was second with 83 and me third with 74, not good enough for me, but it was close, I ended up 6th overall, first out of the money.
Well done to jeb Atwood who had 4 section firsts to win the league, not an easy one as the standard in this league is very good, well done matey.
Jeb had 201lb off peg 129 on the day, which was also second , only a pound behind Clayton Hudson who had 202lb from cary 81, and also secured him second spot in the league.
That's that league over for another year, well done to the Long family for running a good league, back to huntstrete this Thursday for the coffin dodgers, nothing this Sunday as me and Judith are off to West bay for a week , so a bit of sea fishing for a change , really looking forward to it, it makes a refreshing change, we were hoping to have a day in the beer self drives but the wind doesn't look as though it's going to be playing ball, but it sometimes changes.overall sheets below, weigh sheets now below.






No comments:

Post a Comment