Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 June 2019

Viaduct spring league, penultimate round

Stopped at. Cannards well for breakfast again, and it's very nice , so 4.55.
Got to the fishery with time to spare, so plenty of opportunities for a bit of banter, I got early into the draw behind Adrian Jeffery and Roy the bomb, into the tin of room and out pops 131,  a good area, but you can be up against it a bit withy he pegs either side of the spit and the lone peg on the end bank, peg of choice was undoubtedly the end bank peg 135, which today was.occupied by lee(peanut)pettisio, in my.left was another welshman, Lee werrett, to my right was Paul bell in the corner, either side of the spit was dick bulk and paddy curry , and the last peg in my section was occupied by Dan hook, so quite a hard section, but the lakes have been a bit iffy of late, much the same as a lot.of venues.
The dreaded white willow fluff may be a bit of a problem today,  it we had a bit of rain forecast, which tends to sort it out and make it sink. I set up three pole rigs today, all to fish pellet, one for on the deck at 6 and 14 mtrs, and.a.margin rig, never used and lastly a shallow rig, the shallow rig was a drennan crystal margin .2g and the depth pellet rig was a .3 sensas ccx power, which I have been using for a while now, I've never broken one, but have lost a few LOL.
The line goes through the foam body, making for a virtually unbreakable float.
Hook wise all rigs had a size 16 b960 kamasan hook with a band for pellets, all tied with a knotless knot, I've been using these books for over 15 years, with no issues, I use them for all my fishing where hair rigging and banded rigs are called for.
I also set up a wag to fish pellet on the deck at about 25mtrs, at the start I cupped in some pellets at 14 mtrs, threw some.to 6mtrs, and into the margins , and fired some to 25 mtrs, I started on the short 6mtr line hoping for an early mug fish, and it didn't dissapoint, and after.a.good.scrap I had a nice double in the net, but that was the only fish from that line, the lake was.fishing about as hard as I expected, with most people struggling, Lee to my left started.well, with 4 carp in the first thirty minutes, but he only ended up with 5, and he's no mug , Paul to my right was fairing a bit better catching fish on the straight lead, but they were quite small , Lee on the end was doing the best, fishing all around the peg, but his best area was down to his left, I was doing ok as the match progressed,  it foulers were being a right pain, not just for me but most anglers.were.having issues. It was hard.to sort out, if you never fed, it was no bites, start feeding and you may get one in the mouth but more likely a fouler, I decided to just go with it, feeding quite heavily, just hoping the fish would settle, and they did but till about an hour from the end, when virtually all the fish were hooked in the mouth, by the end I had 95lb on the clicker, but when mat arrived.With the scales, it soon transpired I had slightly  underestimated the size.of the fish as I had 107lb, only good enough for second in the section as lee on the end bank had caught over 160lb, well.done.
Top.weight on the day was.Gary o,Shea on 66 with 204lb
All.The weighs sheets are below as normal,


No comments:

Post a Comment