Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 July 2019

Float only league penultimate round

Shiplate farm for this round, always a pleasure to fish this venue as it's well tended with a lot of quality fish, Steve and Carol have a  gem of a fishery on there hands for sure.
Judith came along for the first time in a while, so we dropped off at lillypool for breakfast and it was nice, 4.5, Judith eggs.were.a bit hard lol.
Got to the fishery and it wasn't to long before everyone was there, so we got the draw underway on time, Dave Lewis was early in the queue and offered to draw for me, he can draw mind, he pulls out peg 15 on West pool for me (flyer), then he only goes and pulls out peg one on the main lake, possibly the best peg in somerset, 😁
Wandered.around to my peg , Judith was lagging a bit, lots of.pain in her side, and she got worse during the day, but she managed to see the day out, and after the match we ended up in the walk in centre , and it transpires she only.gone and gone down with shingles, hope I don't get it as it all looks very unpleasant, and with my low pain threshold I wouldn't be a good patient.
My peg looked good as it's an end peg, and the wind was blowing into the end bank, so all was.good, in fact I drew.The same.peg last year in the same match, and won the section and was too weight on the lake with over 100lb, so I was happy.
I set up pellet rigs, a shallow one for over against the mud, and one for on the deck over there aswell, a shallow mugger rig, one for into empty peg 14 and a meat rig for topset and one to my left down the slope, Paul faiers was to my right on 13, and Mark wynne was next up again, he was.standing in for trig.
At the start I fed all lines but began on the depth rig across to the far side.
I didn't take.to long to get my first carp, although not the biggest it was a start.
After.that I never had another carp on the deck on pellet across, the only way.to catch was feed.The far bank in a couple of spots and drop the 6 inch deep.rig against the far bank, I was catching but the average.size.was small. The only other person who was catching was Mark , two swim up, he was catching shallow on maggot, and it was never to much between us for most of the match. I did get a couple of better fish on the short meat line, and a couple down the edge, and that probably swung it for me over mark, as his fish deserted him a bit, the lake as a whole fished the hardest, most people were getting fish in there pegs but they were being extremely cagey, by the end I thought I had edged over mark with the help of those few late fish, and that's how it went as I had 83lb to Mark's 71, so I had the much needed section win to keep me in the hunt.
Overall on the day mr.consistent Vince shipp won of peg 1 on Hawthorn with 196lb, and top silvers went to Chris Davis on peg 5 on the main lake with 72lb of skimmers on corn, feeding 5 tins.
today was the k/o final, Neil Mercer won that so got 125 quid, followed by Joe mcmahon who got 75 then me who picked up a handy nifty, the weigh sheets are listed below, and to be honest the lakes fished well, as always there were some difficult areas, and West pool was uncharacteristically hard, but that fishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment