Total Pageviews

Friday 5 July 2019

Stone pier challenge, Thursday 27/6/19

This was the last day of out week away in West bay, so we dropped round to Weymouth to fish on the stone pier, we did go to chesil on Wednesday but all we had in two different spots, but all we managed were a set of lost feathers and a spider card all tied up in someone's lost braid rig, which we cut all all the braid away and gave it it's freedom, even though we were getting lots of spider action, ripped off baits and snipped hooks, but at least the weather was good.

Back to the pier , and we normally fish on the outside as there are lots of rocks and weed which hold loads of small fish with the occasional bonus, but the outside was far to rough as there was a very strong easterly battering the pier.
So we had to fish on the inside as it was a lot more favourable for the 1 to 7g dropshot rods.
As expected we started getting bites straight away from small pout with occasional small wrasse, I did get a new species for me as a small scorpion fish found my small piece of rag to his liking.

So plenty of bites but no really quality, Judith did get a schoolie towards the end on a whole rag cast further out and bounced back along the bottom,

 we didn't do numbers this week it was more about different species everyday, which luckily for me we tied every day, although Judith did have the biggest fish each day, dam you pheromones, and I'm still behind on the species list , with Judith having 20 different species to my 18, but I am slowly clawing my way back, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment