Total Pageviews

Monday 29 July 2019

Sunday Landsend and a bit of a late catch up

We had a week off off earlier in July and I must admit I was a bit lazy and never reported on my days fishing, for which I got chastised by a Mr John merchant, so here's a short round-up of the three days I went.
On Tuesday I was fishing a small invitation team match on Campbell organised by Clint wojtyla and his future networks company, a few of them stayed down in street the night before and it seemed to be quite an eventful evening , especially when going now McMahon decided to take on Anton page in a cider drinking competition, only one winner there, and they were asked to leave Wetherspoons after Joe installed a new floor covering 😷😂.
Into the match and basically it was two teams of seven on alternate pegs around the lake, I ended up on peg 118, a bit to far up possibly, especially with some good anglers on better pegs possibly, Paul elmes on 112 , Anton 129, mat(2pellet)tomes on 110 and Clint himself on 135, but it turned out ok as I managed to win with over 168lb catching mainly shallow at 13mtrs (that was today's limit) and my team won asell, worked out on an average as one team had 8 in, although it wasn't mine, 99 to 93lb, happy days, a really nice day with plenty of banter.

Onto Wednesday and Judith me and James went to beer in the self drives, it was harder than normal with no mackerel about so we thought it may be hard, but we had a bit of a mix , smoothounds , bream, plaice wrasse small thornback and the normal doggies, with Judith again showing both names and myself how to do it.




Thursday over 55,s at huntstrete and a draw was needed nowhere past the second island, into the tin and peg 30 comes out, I've had it before and done ok , but the fish have all moved with the wind towards the car park end, it's an island swim but at 18mtrs with a side wind it was always going to be a big ask.
It turned out to be a real struggle, and I ended up with 30 off pound, which I was quite happy with as there were several dnw,s at this end of the lake, Mike nicholls won off peg 18 which was good to see as it's a peg with plenty of potential so well done matey, and with over 90lb it was a good weight on the day, nothing for me , mugged by the pensioners LOL.


Now into Sunday at Landsend, lots of things on this weekend, so only managed to attract a dozen, but with several of the Landsend regulars a good draw was needed, with strong westerly blowing I fancied pegs 11/13 or 15, well I got 11, for company I had tony thick opposite on 13 and russ(gregory)peck to my left on form peg 8, rodders wootten on peg 17 , Tom thick on 5 and Stu Barnett on 21, but that end of the lake was going to be wind affected as the day progressed, 
I got to peg and there were a few fish cruising about, so a mugger was assembled, a rig for against the island in the really shallow water (6inches). A meat rig, never used and a margin one. 

At the start I began feeding the island with 6,s , some Tom thick edge mix to my left, but the margin wasn't to my liking as there was no flat spot, just a slope going down quite quickly down to full depth, then began on the mugger, I had one straight away, and I stuck with this for the first 2 1/2 hours picking off odd fish, I probably have it to much time as although I was covering plenty of fish they were not really on it, and with plenty of fish over by the island I should have gone over earlier, I did see one fish in the margin, an 8lb common, which I caught but that was my only fish in there.
I caught in and off in spells across right up to the end of the match, but it turned into a peg to peg battle with russ, so by the end it was a close call as to who had done who.
Russ weighed first and had 157lb, and as he was admitting to 156lb that was well guessed, I had 165lb clicked and ended with 168lb which was good enough to win ,with russ second and rodders third off 17 with 130lb, nice average size of fish in this lake, the four fish in the picture went 25lb, and in the main are in good nick.
Not saying it was very shallow where I caught but I have had a duck stood up where I have caught fish today, at times I have had fish impersonating a flounder coming into the peg on there side to get some pellets.
As I thought the other end of the lake was extremely hard due to the strong wind, with better conditions I think there would have been a lot of fish caught today, the wind was so strong a couple of anglers had nets blown in while waiting for the scales, Steve seager was one of those, he got his net out ok with two fish in it, he was asking after  who had put one in there. Weigh sheets below as normal.
Off to Chilton trinity next Sunday for a short pole match, looking forward to that, but before that it's back to huntstrete with the olduns on Thursday LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment