Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 July 2019

Float only league rnd 4

Sedges for this match, a well kept lovely fishery on the outskirts of bridgwater, but not before a stop in lillypool cafe for breakfast, and very nice to 4.6.
Had a quick walk round with Phil Hardwick as he had never been here before, and plenty of fish were mooching about on the surface, so with another nice day forecast it may be a shallow day.
We.soon had the 40 anglers in attendance so I got the draw underway, most of the banter was aimed at niel Mercer who has drawn really well in the league so far so most people were telling him that peg 40 would have his name on it, possibly the most consistent peg on the venue, and lo and behold he only goes and draws it, you couldn't right it, and as he had already won the two previous matches it looked more than probable he was on for a hat trick, Ricky Mills drew.for me and handed me peg 37 on tile, not to disappointed, it with Niel on 40 the best I could hope for was second in section, unless something nasty happened to him in the first hour. Either side of me was John white to my right , and Chris fox to my.left who was mainly going to target the silvers, for me it was all out carp fishing, I set up a pellet wag to fish out towards the island, a margin rig for pellet , a short rig for meat, and a deep and shallow rig again for pellet at 14 mtrs.
At.The start I began on the pellet wag, but with the wind blowing in and from the right it soon became apparent this was going to be a non starter, so I binned that, next I went out beep on the pellet and started fouling, so a quick change to the  shallow rig bought no response, so back on the deck rig, and an hour and ten minutes in I had my first carp, then a couple of foulers fish again had me reaching for the shallow rig, this time I started catching a few also managed.to mug a couple , the remainder of the match was spent on the 14  mtr line, the last.couple of hours went iffy shallow, so I went back out deep, foulers again, I had been feeding quite heavily, and I had lots of fizzing, so I just spread three number 10,s down the line, instead of a bulk and a dropper which in 8 foot of water didnt.look right,  but it seemed to do the trick as I only fouled one more  in that period, and I had a good run in towards the end, not on the drop as I expected but hard on the deck, it was obvious by the end that niel had not made any mistakes and was admitting to 250lb, and my clicker was telling me I had about 184lb, so I like to think I over estimate the size of the fish to be safe, even though they have a 100lb net limit and was claiming 160lb ish, I had a really good day on the estimating as I actually had exactly 184lb,

 I cant see that happening again in a hurry, as expected niel won with 258lb, so well done to him, a hatrick of wins can't be bad,  he definitely has a touch of the Picasso's about him at the moment, but you still got to catch them, which he can do.
 Top silvers weight was taken by Chris fox to my left with a nice net of meat caught skimmers at 6 mtrs mainly , with it going 44.2,
As a whole it didn't fish to bad with tile lake fishing better than brick, luckily for me Gary o,Shea drew on brick , and I had him in the k/o , he was top weight on that lake with 106lb, the weigh sheet are below as normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment