Total Pageviews

Friday 5 July 2019

Over 55,s

Back to huntstrete on bridge pool again, as I've said before I love the short drive to the fishery from my house, the usual egg and bacon butty from the local greasy spoon, and arrived at the fishery in plenty of time for the 8.45 draw. Ken Morgan was doing the draw again today , got into the draw bag early and pulled out 14, a good skimmer aswell as a carp peg, there is an island but it's a 18mtr reach, and today it was going to be got and sunny with no wind, so I really discounted the silvers and decided on a hard day fishing to the island.
To my left was a couple of old boys in the shape of Jeff Grant on 15 and Mike nicholls on 16 who it appears dropped had dropped his lucky hook into the platform and was feverishly working with an old fridge magnet to get it back.
On my left was two even older boys, Paul Haines on 11 and Ray (red) bazeley on 10, both having a reputation as being Methodists.
I set up two rigs only, one for about a mtr off the island and the other as close as I dare due to the vegetation growing off the island, both sensas ccx power,


 I can't break one to be honest, also the deeper one would do to fish down to empty pellet 13,
I didn't do to much today as there were plenty of fish against the island, lots of f1,s which are hard to catch on pellet , especially at 18mtrs, also I lost a lot under the island brambles, I don't understand why some fisheries don't do more to eradicate nuisance plants, they not only make you lose fish, but I have also seen fish tied to these things on lost rigs.
Moan Over I had more.than enough fish on to win today but losses were at a max, Paul Haines to my right was dropping his method close to the island,(occasionally LOL) and was.catching f1,s and small carp, but was also losing fish to the bramlbes, Christ it was not , no wind day in the sun and fishing really long, it certainly is a drain on the body, but I stick it out as I couldn't really see anyone catching apart from paul, and he had odd good spells of catching small carp, so by the end I was confident he had beaten me by at least 10lb, especially as I had 36lb on the clicker, so I was shocked when the scales.read 52lb, I must have missed a few ,oops.
Palmas next to weigh and had 54lb, so it was closer than I thought, third went to John fry on peg 4 with 43lb, too silvers.weight went again to Paul barnfield on peg 19 who moaned on 28lb of skimmers, weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment