Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 May 2013

Acorn pole only series, final round

This match was back to a random draw so into the draw tin and out comes peg 1 on paddock which is over the bridge and on the right hand end of the island, I had some good anglers in my section including league leader Pete Bartlett who had drawn end peg 9 so he was going to be the man to beat.
As for rigs , I set up a margin rig for meat to fish each side, a 5 mtr meat rig for straight out and a couple of pellet rigs for right over, one to fish. Shallow against the bank and the other to fish on the. Deck on Top of the shelf, at the start I cupped in some meat at 5mtrs and the margins and some pellets across, starting across I expected a bite airily quickly but it was a while before I had an indication, I started feeding a few 6, s with a catty and the noise seemed to help as some fish started showing, I was feeding two areas on the far side and there were odd fish showing on both , but there's far side fish can be cagey at times and with the sun behind me the pole was casting a shadow right where I wanted to fish, so that wasnt helping, the 5 mtr line was useless as I never had a bite on it, the left hand margin didn't give me a fish and the right hand side yielded 5 carp and 1 tench, the only rig I could catch on was the rig to fish on the deck across , and the. Swims were getting stronger towards the end , I didn't want the match to end. But it did and I thought I may have about 80lb but was pleasantly suprised when my catch went 99.15 , but that was only good enough for. Second in the section as, as expected Pete Bartlett won the section on peg 9 with 112.3 but that was only good enough for second as brian slipper on 33 had 112.15 , and with Lewis jones on 23 with 108lb it was a tight affair , silvers on the day went to Paul faieres on 3 on the top lake with 35 lb ish of skimmers,
The league title went to Pete Bartlett with a perfect score of 40 points so well done to him
 Second went to Tom thick with 37 points and third place went to someone at the other end of the age spectrum in the shape of mike nicholls also on 37 points but missing out on weight.
It was a good well. Run league so well done chris fox and Paul faieres for doing it , I think the fishing has suffered due to the crappy spring weather we have had hopefully we will get the weather we want   Next year, who knows , the met office certainly don't !!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment