Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Weds open , viaduct fishery

With only 15 booked in and the marines on Campbell , we only could get on Cary, so it was big fish today with the average size being about 10lb, but fish over 20 aren't uncommon, into the draw tin and out comes peg 90, it's a corner peg and as the wind was blowing into it before the draw I fancied it for a few, then when I got to the peg the wind had changed direction leaving the water flat , which isn't to good, and to make it even worse I had to sit and look at Howard webb over on 94 all day.
4 rigs today , a couple of meat rigs , one for 5 mtrs and one for down the edge, then a 2 pellet rigs , one for 16 mtrs straight out and one for 16 mtrs to the end bank, at the start I cupped in some 8mm hard pellets in the relevant parts of the peg and began throwing meat at 5 mtrs and down the edge, it was a slow start for me and after 3 1/2 hours I only had 4 carp , a couple from in front and 2 from the end bank all on hard pellet, the meat lines had given me 2 skimmers and nothing else, all this time time Howard had been catching steadily on the conker on the tip cast to the end bank, and Roland Lucas over on 97 had some on the wag at the start but was now catching on the lead with pellet, the last couple of hours were a bit better with the meat line giving me a few fish and some from the end bank meant I finished the match with 11 carp plus a few silvers , but it was going to be no good today, my nets went 90.4 which was tenth on the day ,
First went to Roland Lucas on 97 with 163.6
2nd Tom thick on 74 with 155.4
3rd nick collier on 81 with 133.3 , the bit of cash he won may help towards buying a new top set which was stolen by a carp during the match
4 th Howard webb 131.2 peg 94
5 th r brewer 128 .7 peg 86
6th Scott russell on 85 with 113.2 and he won the silvers with 30.1

1 comment: