Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Weds open landsend fishery

Only 10 today which was a bit of a suprise as it fished its head off at the weekend,
I had the last ticket in the draw and ended up on peg 5 , which has been a good peg to me over the years so I wasn't disappointed , the biggest downfall With the peg today was that I was opposite Tom thick who was on 19, and with a pound side bet on it I was up against it as 19 has been the better peg recently( that's what I was telling Tom anyway), plenty of rigs to set up today, a couple of meat rigs, one for 5 mtrs and one for down the edge, a stalking rig and a pellet rig for over on the island and another rig to fish hard pellet at 11 mtrs . At the start there were a few fish down by empty peg 4 so it was straight in with the slapper  and I soon had a 6 lb fish in the net, but the fish disappeared from that area, but there were a few small packs of fish about and I managed to mug a few more in the next hour but that was it , by now both Tom thick n 19 and andy hembrow on 18 were catching over to the island but apart from those two most people were finding it hard, I went on to the 11 mtr line with banded 6 mm over loosed fed 4,s , first fish was a skimmer , the next bite was from a carp, I played it down to my top set and all seemed good , that was until the elastic snapped and I lost the lot, but it has been in since last summer so only me to blame for that one, over on the island it wasnt to good either with only one small carp and a few f1,s, so down the margins on the meat and 4 quick carp from the left and one from the right , then that went quiet, so onto 5 mtrs and one there aswell, but that was all there , by the halfway mark I was not to far adrift of Tom and andy , and with some fish off the island it was all getting a bit tight, but the fish seem to have other things on there minds as it was hard to line them up anywhere, back onto the 5 mtr meat line and I was catching a few , then elastic number 2 decides to snap while playing a fish, the elastic dropped into the water and I managed to wrap the elastic around the top set , I was now handlineing an angry 8 lb fish . Then the line broke and the float bristle went right into my finger, but I never cried, it certainly hurt more pulling it out than it did going in at 100 mph, I also got my other piece of elastic back from ziggy on peg one when he caught the rig, and landed the fish , I did ask for the fish aswell, but I think he may
Have said no, but swapping round the various lines I kept odd fish coming, ending up with 22 carp
And double figures of silvers, with some of the fish being doubles I thought I would have120 plus,
So I was pleased when my nets went156.4 for first
2nd was Tom thick on 19 with 107.6
3rd joe McMahon on 21 with 82.8
4 th andy hembrow on 18 with 73.15
5 th ziggy slowisnki on peg 1 with 70.8
6th stuart Stevens on 15 with  58.15
Silvers went to Aaron britnell on 11 with 24 .8 of skimmers on meat

1 comment:

  1. Time to try out that new way of attaching the dacron.......

    ReplyDelete