Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 September 2018

Landsend

With very little on I decided to run a knock up on lake three, and with Mike running a three day event at the end of the week it would give us a chance to see how it was fishing, I ended up with 14 fishing so di let me out 11 on three and three as an overspill on lake 4, but before the draw it was time for one of di,s lovely breakfasts, 4.9.
Got the draw underway and I let beany pull mine and he gave me peg 51, it's an ok peg so I expected a bit of action, for company I had the legend rod Wooten on 50, and the oh so chatty Gordon canning on end peg 55.
Rigs were simple, one 4x10 to fish to the far bank on the corner of the island, aswell as to my left at 14 mtrs down the middle, also at the bottom of the nearside shelf, left and right., Also a shallow rig to fish along the island to the left, in about 10 inches of water.
At the start I began on the long line to my left, and due to the lake being so low, I saw fish stirring the bottom up almost straight away, and I did catch one quite early, but these Landsend fish are really cagey, they have been in the lakes for years and have seen it all, and apart from several lost foulers I never had another proper  bite on that line, even though I could see fish there all day but they seemed nigh on impossible to hook, also the margins seemed.very.quiet, odd fish were coming.to feed, but not stoppimg, they were.definitely eating on the move, I did have one fish from the margin, and it was ten  pounds, but it was the only.time the float.went under, most of my fish came from the shallow island swim,  it  was a struggle, I ended up with a dozen carp for 57lb, and no good on the day, Joe mcmahon on peg 75  lake 4 won with 92lb, catching.on mainly meat down his left hand margin, well done.
Silver,s went to Pete nurse on peg 68 with 5lb 7oz, so that was a struggle . The whole weigh sheet is below as normal, it was quite a close match, which I think is far better than someone running.away.with a massive.weight, I'm looking forward to the end of the week. For the three days fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment