Total Pageviews

Friday 28 September 2018

Thursday costcutter, bridge pool

Back to huntstrete and bridge pool today, so the obligortary stop at the Toby Inn in Whitchurch, they have downsized the plate size, so for some it will be at least two visits to the food bar lol, but I managed to get enough on one trip.
21 fishing so not to bad, I did receive a bit of stick for drawing islands all the time, so not wanting to disappoint I pulled out peg 6, so I had a bit more abuse, bit i enjoy it, I'm not fat, it's just very thick skin ha ha.
It does look nice , but with the water clearing I wasn't to convinced the carp and f1,s would be happy to feed in the shallows against the island, so I set two rigs for the island, one right in , in about 12 inches of water, and the other about a mtr off in 3foot of water, I also set up a rig for the deep.water for worm over groundbait, off to my right in 6 foot of water, company for the day was Harry muire to my left on 7 and Geoff Francis to my right on peg 4, 5 was left out as it was in the shade !!!!, At the start I fed three balls of worm and caster laces groundbait 11 mtrs to the right , down the middle, and began firing pellets to the island, I went straight over the groundbait with a piece of worm, and had a skimmer over a pound straight away, followed by several more of varying sizes quite quickly, by now there were fish against.the island, but I decided to leave it so as they got confident, also I thought it would definitely a good idea to leave it as it was sunny and I thought it may be better to wait for the shadow to get over the water ,(mistake), I carried on with the skimmers for the first 90mins, and topped it up aswell, which was probably another mistake as small roach turned up, I shouldn't have refed and just waited a  bit longer for bites, also by the time I went across the shadow had got on to the water and my carp had disappeared around the other side of the island to do a bit of sunbathing, I did get one carp and an fi for 9lb ish but I couldn't get  any bites at all. I kept.trying the skimmer line bit only put small roach in the net, I think I tried to force that line to much.
I had to wait until the last hour before I got any more signs on the island, and I did manage 4 smallish carp against the island for about 19lb,  I did manage to weigh in 44lb which included 16.2 of silvers, which was 4th on the day , but my silvers.net did get me second in the silvers pool by default, Dave wride won off peg 20 with 74 lb pushing Mike nicholls into second on peg 10 with 72lb, John Smith on 8 was third with 48lb, well done to Mike Jones for winning the silvers off peg 22 with a smidge over 20lb, you got to feel.a bit sorry for him, here is is trying to work out which foot goes into which shoe after the match.


As normal the weigh sheet are below



No comments:

Post a Comment