Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 September 2018

Tackle.dealers.trade.match

Mark Harper (Preston innovations) and Dave drake (drennan international) organise a match for there dealers and associated people each year, last year it was shearwater, this year it was at.Todber manor, on hillview and ash lake, only 28 of us fishing so we had plenty of room. Also they had sorted breakfast at the dolphin inn in Gillingham, it.was.a help yourself brekkie and it was very nice, 4.6.
I travelled.down with mr.drake., And we had a good journey trying to sort the problems with the trade, we never succeeded but we felt better about it LOL.
After.the food Mark Harper got the draw sorted, with drake ending up in 68 ash,
I pulled a peg and opened up 69, obviously always a favourite number.
As we had a van pound we could keep an eye on how it was going.
Easy tackle assembly, with a wag for the far side, but a nasty side wind blowing right to left was going to make that a bit tricky, a margin rig for left and right, and two rigs for 13 mtrs, one for the deck and the other shallow.
Drakey  set up a paste rig and a method feeder, both of which can be very effective on these lakes,
Good news for mosella is the news that the tall pole rollers are now back in stock, and for a sub 70 quid roller there probably isn't a better one out there , with enough height to get your pole over otter fences and hedgerows.
At the start I fed the 13 mtr line with 6mm hard pellets, the margins with 4,s and fired some 8,s across to the far side, I started at 13 mtrs and had indications straight away and began getting small stocky  carp, dave was also getting some on paste , and diminutive Glen from tackle UK was catching short on meat to my right. I began missing some bites so went out on the shallow rig, I had a few f1,s and some proper carp,  it it wasn't hectic, I did manage to mug a couple of better fish,   but there wasn't loads about. I kept trying the wag, but the wind was blowing the float through, making foulers a huge problem, if the wind died I could catch properly, there were a lot of fish on the far bank for sure, Drakey was by now on the method, and was getting bites as soon as it hit the water, and accuracy obviously wasn't important, for a while the quid was in doubt, and I was writing an advert  in my head to eBay my kit lol, but luckily his fish were mainly on the small side, whereas most of my fish were bigger than his, I also had some better fish down the margins towards the end, so by the end I new I had saved my quid, never mind my pride, I weighed 119lb but lost out on a bit as I went over 66lb in one of my nets, surprisingly that was good enough for third on the day, being beaten by Steve kedge on the end peg up to my right with 144lb but he was beaten by Scott Russell on the end peg to my left with 208lb , he also went over the 66lb net limit in all three of his nets, hillview fished quite hard with Pete neate being top on that lake with 115lb, I gratefully accepted the quid off of Dave back at the pub, where there were sandwiches and chips waiting for us, all very civilized.
All the weigh sheets are below.
Still got a few spaces.for Landsend on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment